Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based indie studio working on its first title, a location-based multiplayer property tycoon mobile game. In our game, players choose what kind of real estate mogul they want to be, strategize around which properties to acquire, and either cooperate or compete with other players to reach their goals.
Buy Somewhere is currently looking for a Front End Developer to lead our front end development team. Are you up for the challenge of turning the real world into entertaining procedurally generated content? Do you crave a chance to build genre-defining game mechanics? If so, read on!
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer with a particular interest in procedural content creation and knowledge of Unity3D. You’ll work at our Sydney studio on all areas of the development cycle, and help lead and nurture the front end team in collaboration with the Technical Director. You’ll collaborate with our game designers, artists and backend developers to prototype and launch a memorable game.
We seek someone that has:
- - 3+ years industry experience in game development, ideally with at least one mobile game shipped
- An exceptional grasp of procedural mesh generation
- A strong understanding and knowledge of geometry-based algorithms
- Strong Unity3D knowledge
- Strong c# experience, OOP, design patterns
- Experience with workflow management tools like JIRA, Confluence and Gliffy
- Documentation skills, including design documents and strong code commenting
We’re especially interested in knowledge in these additional areas:
- - Python
- Google Cloud Platform / AppEngine
- Shader coding, specifically for Unity / HLSL
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
-Pay based on experience
-Employee Options in a high growth potential startup
-A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
-An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
-Relocation support. While Sydney-based applicants are preferred, we are open to applicants Australia-wide however, you must already be authorised to work in Australia (citizen, permanent residency or holder of a 457 visa.)
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at email@example.com. Please include any portfolio information, links, playable demo, videos or other content that demonstrate your skills. If those examples are from team projects, make sure to specify your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.