Previously on "alphawave Games hires all the people", we're working on our first and upcoming game "Wavelength" and this time...it's personal.
Well, not really. We're actually looking for a freelance 3D Environment Artist.
So what's all this then?
So here's the materia slots we're looking to fill (ie. What you'll be doing)
- Referencing the art from the 2D Concept Artist while open to coming up with new ideas to add on to already pretty awesome concept art
- Understands modular asset creation (We really shouldn't need to say this, but just to be sure
- UV mapping/wrapping of said meshes
- Creating all the necessary textures for said mesh
- Work with the Creative Director and Concept Artist to create awesome looking vistas and areas
And here's what YOUR Materia should look like (ie. What your skillset and knowledge should be)
- Can adhere to deadlines
- Experience with Unity's worklow
- Incredible knowledge on pop culture (music, animations, film, tv) and art, understanding the how's and why's of different art styles and techniques in order to translate from Art to English
- Understanding and the ability to deconstruct Surrealism and the ability to answer the question "Yes?" with "Yeah, Roger Dean is awesome."
- An attitude that is professionally unprofessional - we're a pretty haphazard group of people, so naturally we're looking for someone who can tread the fine line between cracking a joke and dead focused on the task at hand.
- A human problem solver - You'll be able to step back from the problem and think of creative ways to overcome an obstacle
- On the topic of human, can actually speak it - You have A+ listed next to Communication and Positivity. Clear, concise and always up to brainstorm new ideas!
We prefer people with experience with creating assets for WiiU and/or PS4-based games, but don't let that stop you from sending us your portfolio.
And while we also prefer someone who lives locally (Brisbane), also don't let that stop you from sending your stuff through!
If you're sitting there right now thinking "I've already typed the email and attached the portfolio, can you please stop?", then send your portfolio and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR PORTFOLIO SUBMISSIONS ]