Wargaming Sydney is seeking an experienced Agile Project Manager to assist with the management of multi-discipline software development teams, delivering technology projects and engine features as part of our middleware video games engine technology, BigWorld Technology.
You will provide expert support to drive projects to successful delivery, all the while keeping the team focused, motivated and stakeholders informed.
The Agile Project Manager will report to Director of Project Management
What will you do?
• You will be working with a world class team of software engineers; your role is to deliver projects to our international partner studios
• Production planning, constant measuring of project's progress and health, and course correcting to keep the project on target for successful execution.
• Along the way you will be presenting upstream on the project's status and mitigate any potential risks that will obstruct the project delivery.
What are we looking for?
• You're a highly motivated project manager experienced in R&D or equivalent complex software development projects.
• Proven project management skills with keen demonstrable ability to stay focused on dynamic priorities, working to strict deadlines and thriving in high pressured environments.
• You're an expert in Agile methodologies, a virtuoso, you understand when to go by the book and where to adapt and tune methodologies to ensure optimal performance.
• Regular analysis of processes and project performance and implement improvements.
• An excellent communicator, comfortable with complex technical scenarios with advanced negotiation skills and the ability to influence.
• Organised, highly analytical, process driven and adaptable
• You're more than a 'people person'; you're a Jedi, possessing level 11 influencing and negotiation skills.
• A Strong technical background is essential, the projects we manage are highly technical in nature, so you'll need to be able to hold your own in a casual water cooler debate about the merits of P4 over SVN.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
• Amongst your wider studio Project Manager duties, you'll likely also be taking on the role of Scrum Master on a team, so CSM and years of success with real world Scrum would be a BIG plus.
• We develop engine technology for video games so a good knowledge of, and keen interest in, video games will be a huge plus.
Wargaming Paragraph: About Us
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!