Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the regulated gaming and global lottery industries. We specialise in the development, production and distribution of fun and exciting products such as Instant Scratch products and systems, Electronic Table Games, Gaming Machines and advanced Casino systems.
Join an awesome team in our brand new premises with facilities such as a gym, games room with ping pong tables, pinball machine, and arcade machines. We have an active social club that holds events, competitions and activities that help to create a fun work environment.
This unique and exciting full time opportunity will be based in our brand new Silverwater Head Office where you will see yourself an integral part of our Research and Development department. As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Complete assigned projects in a timely and high quality fashion
- Actively contribute to the ongoing software design and development process of the studio and department.
- Assist in the development of any technical strategies as required.
- Write clear, well-commented code and verify that completed code performs as expected and the design is fully implemented.
- Review all completed tasks with quality, consistency and performance in mind.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the platform hardware, libraries, development environment, tools, and utilities.
- Maintain understanding of competitive products and technology.
- Understand the production process and its many dependencies.
- Takes initiative and is accountable for the timely completion and high quality of all assigned tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- Minimum 2+ years' experience with coding of some kind in either a work or school environment
- Proficient in programming language C# / C++
- Working knowledge of Unity is desirable
- An interest in some type of gaming (cards, table games, board games,etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with build automation, continuous integration, unit test, change management and configuration management
- Demonstrated experience with agile software methodologies
- Experience of Software Development Lifecycle
- Scripting experience
- Client / server architecture
If you believe you would excel in either roles please send an application letter addressing the positions key requirements, along with a copy of your CV. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org