Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based games and technology studio working on its first mobile title, a genre-defining location-based game. To support this game, we're building market-leading world generation systems.
These are big goals, and our talented team needs a fast and talented UI Artist to help us create a smooth and dynamic user experience for our players. This is a 4 to 6 months contract to start, with possible extension into a full-time role.
Do you love exploring emerging trends in design and user experience? Do you find yourself getting nerdy about topography and colour palettes? Then, you may be the artist for us!
We're looking for a UI Artist with experience developing UI elements for mobile games and a passion for designing beautiful and intuitive ways to interface with information. The ideal UI Artist would be comfortable working fast under tight deadlines and can face the excitement and intensity of game production with humour and a desire to find interesting solutions to all the weird problems that can come up later in production.
As a UI Artist on our team, you will:
- - Work with the art and design teams to find creative solutions to technical challenges
- Follow the art direction approved by design and production
- Create User Interface elements per wireframe requirements and mobile games pipeline constraints.
- Animate UI elements according to approved UX scripts and storyboards
- Assist in creating production stills and videos for promotion of the game
- Undertake a professional development pathway and share knowledge gained with the rest of the art team
We often wear many hats on these projects! Potential responsibilities also include:
- - Developing wireframes with the game design team.
- Creating textures for 3D objects
- Designing logos and presentation slides
- Creating in-game topography and design elements for 3D objects
We seek someone who has:
- - Demonstrable understanding of the principles of visual design
- Demonstrable understanding of information design
- Demonstrable understanding of colour theory and composition
- Experience creating UI elements within the Adobe creative suite
- Experience packaging UI elements for use in a mobile game or apps for both iOS and Android
- Experience in a rapid production pipeline like games, marketing and web development
- A great attitude and a sense of humour
- Understanding of prioritisation and sequencing of tasks on a games project
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- - You've shipped a game on mobile platforms before, ideally using the Unity engine.
- You're passionate about UX.
- You've dabbled in 3D asset creation or animation.
- You know Confluence and Jira.
- You are Sydney-based.
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
- Pay based on experience
- A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
- An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a list of your published projects and any relevant links.
APPLICATIONS REQUIRE A PORTFOLIO. Applications will only be considered if submitted WITH a portfolio demonstrating the work you've done.
You must be authorized to work in Australia as a citizen, permanent resident or temporary visa holder for the duration of the contract.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.