Summerfall Studios is looking for a Storyboard Artist to come work with us on our debut title, Chorus: An Adventure Musical.
Helmed by David Gaider and Liam Esler and collaborating with Austin Wintory and Troy Baker for Chorus, Summerfall Studios is a character and narrative-driven studio with a focus on sustainable work and people-driven development.
We are passionate about hiring the right people, and encourage diverse applicants to apply. Perspective and life experience are valuable and important. We are a diverse team, and are excited to explore and expand by bringing on many different kinds of people to make the very best games we can.
This role is a full-time, 6 month remote contract. You will be working with us to bring Chorus’ characters and world to life, assisting with visual production, particularly focused on storyboarding and inking.
We are looking for someone who can replicate Chorus’ graphic novel inspired-style quickly and effectively, and bring their own talent and inspiration to bear.
This is a $30k-35k AUD contract, negotiable depending on experience.
This is a remote role, but you must be able and willing to join our daily standups (10am Mon-Fri AEST), and work with our art director to schedule review and feedback sessions.
Applications for this role close September 29th, 2020.
- Proficient in Photoshop or equivalent (Clip Studio Paint, Paint Tool Sai, etc.)
- Strong understanding of composition and framing
- Passion for cinematography, storytelling and narrative-driven experiences
- Strong understanding of anatomy and other visual fundamentals
- Strong communication and soft skills
- Able to effectively work and collaborate within a small team
- Fluent in English
- Excellent sequential art skills -- Must be able to demonstrate consistent replication of character design across multiple poses, expressions, and illustrations
- You will be working in a diverse environment and should be respectful of all people, no matter their ethnicity, sexuality, gender identity, ability, appearance or age.
- Animation, comics, or games experience preferred
- Experience with roughs and inking
- One or more shipped titles/pieces of published work or equivalent professional experience preferred but not required
- After Effects and video editing knowledge preferred but not required
- Experience creating moving cutscenes with 2D visual assets (animatics, motion comics, motion graphics or similar) helpful
- Work with a world-class team to create something innovative and new
- Flexible hours and work policies
- Growth opportunities, mentoring, and support
- A focus on work-life balance and a commitment to minimising any overwork