Facilities Assistant – ANIMATION & GAMES Specialist
JMC Academy is Australia's leading higher education provider dedicated to the education, development and training of students who are passionate about pursuing a career in the creative industries.
JMC Academy, Sydney Campus based in Ultimo, seeks to appoint a full time Facilities Assistant.
The successful candidate will be required to assist the Facilities Supervisor in the day to day operations of the on campus and also Head of Department for Animation and Games in the animation lab and other related services.
Undertake general facilities support
Undertake opening procedures for campus
General admin duties (phone and email correspondence) along with providing assistance for trade personnel on campus.
Maintain teaching spaces and equipment
General tidiness, AV systems, cable management, PC/Mac setup and 1st level IT support
Maintain and troubleshoot boardroom systems - Training provided
Provide general office IT troubleshooting and support
Maintain network and computer lab systems
Contribute to JMC events (both internal and external) when required
Provide specialised Animation & Games software support
o Other software as required
Bookings, maintenance, setup, and administration of animation & game department equipment and supplies including:
• Digitising tablets
• Optitrack Mo-cap system
• Vive and Oculus Go VR headsets
• Miscellaneous art and animation supplies
• Deliver occasional workshops and tutorials
- You will have a working familiarity with commonly used animation and game creation software and hardware.
- You will be familiar with general office IT and network support
- You will be a self-motivated person able to be proactive in maintaining facilities and responding to issues without always being under direct supervision.
- You will be someone who is able to project a professional and supportive demeanour, while still being at home in a relaxed creative environment.
- You will be someone who is able to relate well to individuals at all levels of the organisation from students through to senior management.
- You will have a flexible attitude and be able to take on new and unexpected tasks with enthusiasm.
- You will be comfortable working both in collaboration with a team and solo.
If you feel you meet the criteria set out above then please forward a current CV listing your experience and education history along with a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria. Please forward your application to Arunita Mazumder, Campus Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check. Only applicants required for an interview will be contacted.