At Lamplight Forest we are pioneering new forms of musical and narrative gameplay. We are seeking open-minded, positive, adaptable and creative applicants to work on our musical adventure game Pallas of Vines.
This is remote work-for-hire. Australian residents are preferred (for timezone convenience) but applications from other countries will also be considered.
• Experienced in creating 3D environments, encompassing a range of skills including architecture, terrains, and foliage
• Have contributed significantly to at least one commercially released game for PC or current generation consoles
• Able to problem solve terrain and architecture solutions to fit specific puzzle and narrative requirements
• Great understanding of level design principles: leading the eye, improving player's ability to visually orient, drawing attention to key areas, environmental storytelling, etc
• Skilled in developing assets with a view to optimization. Ability to apply ongoing optimizations as needed
• Unity-specific terrain+foliage experience
• Expertise using Speedtree
• Experience with procedural architecture in Houdini or similar
• A passionate gamer with a thorough knowledge of a wide range of games and genres. Experience with puzzle, narrative or music games is an extra bonus!
• Skill in creating shaders and related visual alchemy (eg Amplify for Unity)
• Able to balance taking direction as well as personal initiative, to problem-solve environmental solutions that are tightly coupled with puzzles and narrative
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good team communication skills
• Work well with giving and receiving constructive feedback
• Adaptable to change, open to experimentation when needed
• Patient and diligent in cleaning up prototype environments
• Work consciously to understand and implement the game’s vision
• Able and willing to learn to use new tools/skills, and identify where new tools could be applied
HOW TO APPLY:
• Australian residents are preferred (for timezone convenience) but applications from other countries will also be considered
• Before applying please visit pallasofvines.com and see if your portfolio complements the nature-rich, stylized visuals of Pallas
• Send a CV and folio with examples of your work to al(at)lamplightforest(dot)com