League of Geeks is looking for a Studio Manager to take care of our people and place.
You approach challenges with a positive attitude, you love to collaborate and you are an excellent communicator. You want the best for those around you and are dedicated to providing creative people with an environment they can truly thrive in.
You’ll be responsible for the upkeep of our delightful studio space, the professional development of our talented crew of 30+ people (also delightful), as well as the hiring and onboarding of more delightful people.
This is a maternity leave position for a maximum term of 12 months. Although this is a temporary position, you will be making a big contribution to the culture of the studio during a very lively time of development!
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on wellbeing, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans.
If you’d like to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Experience fostering fantastic environments and communities.
- Previous position in a management, leadership or production role.
- 5+ years of history working in the creative industries (ie: Games, Film, TV, etc)
- A dedication to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Progressive attitude towards policies and procedures.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills.
- Awareness of NES, Fair Work requirements and/or HR training.
- Recruitment experience.
- Demonstrable design sensibilities.
- Manage internal resources and external services to maintain a healthy and high functioning work environment.
- Source and purchase equipment, furniture and general supplies for the studio.
- Coordinate and support studio and departmental meetings and events, as well as external events, trade show appearances and team travel arrangements.
- Work with the Leadership team to develop and enact studio policies/procedures, with the main goals of fostering a positive and efficient studio work culture.
- Making decisions with the success and responsibility of the business as a core consideration.
- Being attentive to employee’s needs, and handling any requests or HR issues raised with empathy and efficiency.
- Managing hiring of new employees through the whole recruitment process, including actively finding prospective candidates.
- Coordinating onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Managing talent development at the studio, including: Scheduling and participating in regular professional development check-ins.
Assessing and approving training requests.
- Scheduling and running workshops.
- Responding to general enquiries regarding careers, studio facilities, industry partnerships and studio participation in festivals and events.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable work hours.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Winter Feast, MIGW party and Summer Family Picnic.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV to studio.manager.job (at) leagueofgeeks.com
In your cover letter, please speak to how your personal approach to managing people would be the right fit for this role and our studio.
Applications close 19th February. We are hoping to fill this position by the end of February 2020.
This position is not able to be held remotely. Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant. Salary starts at $85,800 p.a (AUD) and is negotiable based on the experience of the applicant.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we will endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!
For general enquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks.com.