Playcorp is a seasoned game development studio based in Melbourne Australia (Melbourne CBD) working with one of the world’s top publishers on games for PC, PS4 and XBox One. The company is growing strategically as it looks to add experienced game developers.
The company uses a data oriented technology stack (DOTS) which Playcorp believe is the future of high-end AAA game development. Playcorp uses the latest version of Unity3D’s ECS core.
The company is looking for highly experienced console game developers with a passion for their craft, and a love of creating unique experiences.
Playcorp Studios is looking for professional game developers with console (XBoxOne or PS4) experience to join it’s programming team. As a console programmer, you will be helping the team to create fun AAA games for PC and Consoles.
Requirements and experience:
* At least 3 years of professional game development experience
* 1 or more shipped title on consoles (XBoxOne and/or PS4) - Other console experience also considered
* C# expert
* Previous experience with Unity 3D
* Strong knowledge of Networking, Multi-threading, compilers and computer graphics
* Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints on consoles using hardware and software profilers
* Strong communicator that works well in a team
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Optimization of code to meet the performance requirement on target devices
* Finding creative solutions to create performant code from an existing codebase, that harnesses the unique capabilities of the target platform.
* Define the required steps and estimation time to deliver assigned tasks
* Work with designers and artists on the unique platform TSRs or TRC issues - Console’s platform quality assurance requirements.
* Troubleshooting and debugging issues in the game
* Working in an agile development environment
* Support the team with your expertise and help to maintain best development practices
* Contribute to code review and technical design documentation
* QA testing of other team members’ task submissions
Nice to have
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
* Good understanding of ECS pattern and Unity Dots
* Experience in low-level programming using C/C++
* Experience with modern graphics pipelines and rendering APIs
If interested, please send us an email at email@example.com with your CV/Resume and any additional attachments with the title ‘Console Programmer’
Thanks for taking the time to read this!