Who are we?
MAXART is a boutique software company developing bespoke virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), and CGI visualisation tools. We work directly with our clients to develop ongoing partnerships so we can design and develop the best tool for their needs, on the platform that best suits the application. Our focus is on high quality training, education, visualisation, and gamification.
Who we are looking for:
We need someone who is excited to work with the latest technology and hit the ground running in their role. We have a strong focus on our fun, relaxed internal culture while maintaining highly professional relationships with our clients.
We value people who are open to learning, sharing their knowledge, and contributing positively to our team and our culture overall.
We are currently hiring for the role of a Mid-level Software Engineer (Programmer) in a full time, fixed term capacity (5 months) with the potential for continuation beyond the initial contract period. Experience building games and/or serious games in a professional environment is a must. Some proficiency in Unity3D and C# is also desirable.
Your primary responsibilities will consist of project-based programming (primarily in Unreal, although Unity3D experience is desirable), communicating with the project manager, other members of the team, and with clients from time to time.
The position will require you to:
• Work effectively with our other developers and the broader team
• Implement game functionality as per communicated design
• Translate design specification into functional game mechanics
• Communicate with other team members to establish effective pipeline and integrate media assets
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Maintain excellent knowledge of Unity or Unreal, including scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management
• Maintain familiarity with level design and planning
• Maintain familiarity with game physics and particle systems
• Maintain familiarity with optimising memory and space usage for support of older or more limited hardware (e.g. Oculus Quest)
• Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
• Maintain a strong understanding of object-oriented programming
• Maintain a strong understanding of virtual and augmented reality technologies
• Maintain familiarity with current design and architectural patterns
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Maintain knowledge and use of code versioning tools
• Additional responsibilities may include electronics hardware design, building, and testing as required/reasonably requested.