UE4 Programmer - Senior / Mid Level
Digital Lode is an immersive media company located in the Docklands Cotton Mills, Footscray. We are a team of VR evangelists working on a variety of real time-rendered VR projects for all platforms, with a focus on standalone consumer VR.
Digital Lode’s primary focus is our original "Espire VR” franchise. Espire 1: VR Operative released in November 2019 and is a single player VR experience with a focus on stealth, espionage and action. It’s a consistent top seller on the Oculus Quest storefront, and we want to take that success to the next level.
We are expanding our team and are looking for a multiplayer and refactor evangelist to join our company. We have grand plans for our Espire stealth franchise, and are looking for someone to join the team to own our porting process and support our multiplayer endeavours.
- Work with the team on our VR projects, creating coding solutions that are well optimized and platform-agnostic
- Refactor existing codebase (Blueprint to C++) for multiplayer and performance
- Gameplay programming for interactable items, gameplay mechanics, etc; building with C++, extending with Blueprint
- Working with UMG (3D widgets, menu system implementation)
- General level scripting tasks
- Adding support for various VR headsets, controller interfaces, peripherals
- Platform feature integration (online leaderboards, achievements, etc)
- 2+ year’s UE4 experience in a production environment (C++, Blueprint)
- Prior experience with multiplayer in UE4
- Ability to write well optimized code, critical for multi-platform and VR performance targets
- Ability to create functionality while working within (and improving) existing gameplay systems
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a proactive and problem solving attitude
- Ability to self manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Work well within a team environment
- Ability to work onsite when the world returns to Covid-Normal (studio is in Footscray’s “Docklands Cotton Mills”)
- Ability to work off-site (Covid 19)
Preference to applicants with:
- Prior VR, android or multi-platform development experience
- Experience building, packaging, multi-device deployment & automation
- Perforce and JIRA Experience
Email us at email@example.com with [UE4Programmer] as the subject heading.
Include your CV and link to an up-to-date folio with examples of your work. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.