ABOUT THE STUDIO
Modern Storyteller is a Melbourne-based indie studio assembled from outstanding Australian devs from award-winning studios. Thanks to funding from Film Victoria, Epic Games, and our publisher Dear Villagers, we’re growing! For a brief introduction to our game, check out the latest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNTCb8N8yz4
ABOUT THE GAME
The Forgotten City is an open world murder mystery set in an ancient Roman city, caught in a time loop. It was voted 2019 Indie of the Year (upcoming) on IndieDB. It is a stand-alone re-imagining of a mod which won an Australian Writers’ Guild award, racked up over 2.5 million downloads, and was called “simply amazing” by IGN and "undeniably impressive" by PC Gamer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a multi-skilled professional to take on a hybrid role - Voiceover Director and Sound Engineer - for a fixed term of 6 weeks. You can work remotely from anywhere in Australia.
You'll be helping us add high-quality voice acting to our game.
Working closely with the game director, you will:
1. Post voice actor casting calls on select online platforms for approximately 23 character roles
2. Review auditions and present shortlisted recommendations to the game director
3. Settle template contracts with the chosen actor
4. Brief actors with scripts and character briefs
5. Receive and review audio performances, request revisions as necessary, and select the best takes
6. Master audio (remove noise and pops, trim, normalize volume) and ensure correct format
7. Import finished sound files into Unreal Engine.
1. Experience casting voice actors
2. Experience directing voice actors
3. Experience mastering voice actor performances in any editing suite (an art test may be required)
4. Attention to detail
5. Available to work full time
6. Located in Victoria (this project is supported by Film Victoria)
7. Basic familiarity with Unreal Engine
8. Have a good ear for accents from the UK
HOW TO APPLY
Email info [at] modern-storyteller.com with:
1. A cover letter outlining why you feel you meet the selection criteria
2. Your CV
3. A link to your portfolio
4. The date you'd be available to start