ABOUT THE ROLE
Modern Storyteller is looking for Game Trailer Artist to design, capture and edit a series of promotional trailers in the lead up to the launch of our game, The Forgotten City.
The role will be full-time for four months, and you can work remotely from anywhere.
Working closely with the Director, you’ll:
a. Storyboard and block out shots
b. Capture in-engine cinematic footage using Unreal Engine's Sequencer
c. Create motion graphics
d. Edit videos
e. Capture promotional screenshots
WHY WORK WITH US
Modern Storyteller is a Melbourne-based indie studio assembled from outstanding Australian devs from award-winning studios. We're well-resourced and are working on a highly-anticipated narrative-driven adventure game, The Forgotten City. Check out our latest trailer here on IGN: Link.
The Forgotten City is an open world murder mystery set in an ancient Roman city, caught in a time loop. It's a stand-alone re-imagining of the mod that won a Writers’ Guild award, racked up millions of downloads, and was called “simply amazing” by IGN and "undeniably impressive" by PC Gamer.
The role comes with these perks:
1. Competitive salary
2. Highly skilled, collaborative and friendly colleagues
3. Work from home
4. Be part of an exciting project with serious potential to be a major commercial success
A portfolio demonstrating:
1. Skill at capturing visually appealing footage from Unreal Engine using Sequencer
2. An artistic eye for lighting, scene composition, and colour
3. An eye for capturing visually appealing screen shots
4. Have experience using SourceTree / git
5. Be based in Victoria, Australia (not mandatory)
HOW TO APPLY
Email info [at] modern-storyteller.com with "Game Trailer Artist" in the subject line, and:
1. A cover letter outlining why you feel you meet the selection criteria
2. Your CV
3. A link to your video portfolio
4. The notice period for your current job (if applicable)
Please note: Shortlisted applicants may be asked to sit an art test.