We are an Australian-owned game development studio, with strong, established relationships with publishers in the US and Europe. We are based in Melbourne’s East, close to public transport with free onsite parking.
We’ve worked on licensed products for Disney, Dreamworks, Sony, Mattel, Nickelodeon, and others. Currently, we’re working on both original and licensed titles in the tactics, RTS, sports and FPS genres.
We are looking for a C++ Programmer. The role will be full time, fixed-term for 12 months, with potential to extend the contract. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
• Strong understanding of C++
• Sound knowledge of 3-D maths and physics
• Ability to work on tasks unsupervised
• Strong technical problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify and implement fun game-play
• Provide creative input to the design and implementation of game-play mechanics
• Able to integrate quickly into an existing team
• Huge passion for creating and playing games
• Vendor certification experience
• Experience in Unreal Engine 3 and/or 4
• Experience in one or more of the following game-play disciplines:
• Character animation implementation
• Artificial intelligence
• Game camera logic and behaviour
• Game-play and vehicle physics
• Effects, including both particle and sound
• User Interface design and implementation
• Experience with graphics and shader programming
• Excellent skills in C++
• Two or more years experience
• Worked on at least one completed or soon-to-be-released game title
• Experience working with current generation consoles and/or mobile devices and/or PC
Only applicants with Australian residency will be considered. Please note we do not relocate international or interstate applicants, and we are not considering offsite employment.
All applications must include a folio with examples of their work, ideally as a link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Please address all applications and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Torus does not accept solicitations from recruitment agencies.