mod.io is a fast-growing, early-stage startup backed by a leading gaming venture capital firm, working to bring user-generated content (UGC) to games and their players. The mod.io platform supports over 100,000 daily active users, and we are seeking a Director of Operations to help us continue our growth and position our business for long-term success.
Many of the industries most innovative and successful games have UGC at their core. We're talking about Counter-Strike, DotA, Battlegrounds, Autochess and many others. Enabling the creativity of the masses has continually led to incredible outcomes, and we believe we've barely scratched the surface of what UGC will do for the next generation of games.
Just as Youtube and Twitch completely transformed the creation and consumption of videos and created billion dollar marketplaces along the way, at mod.io we aspire to accomplish the same for games, and build an ecosystem for supporting UGC that is developer friendly, rewards creators and benefits gamers.
There are few opportunities in your career to join a high growth start up on the ground floor. This is one of them. As Director of Operations, you report to and work hand in hand with the CEO and Board to set and execute the strategy. You effectively run the operations of the organisation with real opportunity to increase the scope of your role over time.
You will lead our operational, finance and people teams. You're the linchpin in our organization, supporting strategic planning and leading execution. Here's what that entails:
- Help us recruit the best people, and design an onboarding process that let's them hit the ground running from day one.
- Oversee day-to-day administrative and operational functions of our rapidly growing startup - everyday will be different, so being adaptable is a requirement.
- Establish, strengthen and build the relationship we have with our gaming partners through outreach and proactive communication.
- Help us execute on our vision for user generated content, setting strategic direction and goals, and breaking them down into tasks and plans.
- Coordinate and work with the team, setting milestones and measuring our progress to ensure we hit our ambitious growth targets.
- Continuously review and improve internal and external processes and procedures in a collaborative way through workshops and smart meetings.
- Plan, attend and run events like end-of-year functions and parties, dev days, team off-sites, and gaming conferences.
- Take responsibility for various operational activities like renewals, reporting obligations, income / expenses, procurement, office space, expansion planning etc.
- Quickly learn how to solve weird problems in areas you know nothing about, for example sales / revenue sharing / tax, platform certification and relevant regulations like DMCA, GDPR etc.
- Be a point of contact for external relationships including accountants, lawyers, recruitment agencies, investors, and contractors.
You're a true leader, motivated by success with an entrepreneurial drive and desire to improve yourself and those around you:
- 5+ years experience working in an operations or operations-like role at a variety of organizations, from startups to large tech companies. SaaS experience is a huge plus.
- The ability to rally and lead a team and help them execute on ambitious goals across research and development, business development, recruiting, and operations.
- Excellent decision-making. Help us make better decisions, more quickly, by creating frameworks and processes, and outlining possible scenarios with respective pros / cons.
- Exceptional organization skills and personal time management - you will be expected to take on a diversity of problems and solve them.
- You are ambitious and constantly look for opportunities to increase your agency and impact.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- A passion for video games and an understanding of the unique challenges UGC presents us and similar businesses like Youtube and Steam.
- First-hand knowledge of capital raising, experience working with venture capital investors, and managing a fundraising round end-to-end.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.
- Sit-stand desks, 27" monitor, ergonomic chairs.
- Thursday lunch and Friday afternoon social events.
- Experience new games, digital and tabletop.
- Attend international gaming conferences.
- Pet friendly office.