Playcorp Studios is searching for an enthusiastic and talented 2D Illustrator with a passion for games, to work onsite at our office space located in Melbourne's city centre.
Our ideal candidate is someone who displays AAA standard of work in a broad range of styles. The artist must be able to concept and meet technical requirements including character design, environment design, interface design and iconography. In this role you’ll be expected to concept a range of assets from characters, environments and props. Other tasks may also include creating game effects or storyboarding.
This is a full time position with the expected annual salary of 60k-70k
We are looking for an artist who:
* Is able to successfully follow schedules and meet deadlines
* Has extensive experience in Photoshop or equivalent software
* Shows strong illustration skills
* Has a superior eye for lighting, value, color and details
* Has icon creation skills
* Can concept structures, characters, props and environments
* Is confident and shows strong communication skills
* Has the ability to follow art direction and style
* Is able to work within a collaborative team environment and to develop quick and concise concept art in an iterative approach
* Is able to explore ideas through iteration and collaborative direction
* Can create style guidelines for future art created within the company
* Creation of 2D animation and visual effects
* Creating effects in Unity
* Pixel art
* If you have shipped titles in a professional capacity
* 2+ years industry experience
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested or have further inquiries, please send your resume to email@example.com and quote "2D Illustrator" in the subject line and provide the following:
- CV / Resume.
- Previous work examples