- Design and prototype levels with direction from Lead Designer.
- Develop and maintain level design documentation, including but not limited to mechanics, guidelines, and mission outlines.
- Contribute by bringing new ideas to the table in regards to every facet of the game: mechanics, story, missions, and more.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with inside and outside creative resources.
- The ability to provide scripting support for game missions, freeplay or modules (including revisions and bug fixing) if necessary.
Technical skills and experience
- Experience in development of level design documentation for implementation of mechanics, systems, freeplay and mission summaries.
- Bring new ideas to the table in regards to every facet of the game; mechanics, story, missions, and more.
- Scripting for game missions, freeplay, or modules (including revisions and bug fixing).
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to design within existing game design and fiction to create new systems, missions, and freeplay.
- Passion for and broad knowledge of various genres & games on different platforms, with an ability to critically analyze them.
- Exhibit good comprehension of gameplay values and spatial reasoning.
- Absorption and continuous learning of all fields related to level design, staying in tune with trends and products emerging in the gaming marketplace.
- Experience with 3D suites (Max, Maya, MissionMan, QeRadiant etc.) for creating game missions and environments.
- Console game development experience (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Cross platform development experience
- Personal/hobby game projects
- One or more shipped titles as a Level Designer considered an asset
- Experience using Perforce
- Extensive knowledge of action & platformer games and their mechanisms