Foxie Games is one of the fastest growing game companies in Australia, 19 team members strong. Our games are played by 150,000 players each day. We strive to connect players to their passions and hobbies through mobile games. Every day, we are striving to create even bigger and better games and provide the best possible work environment to help bring these amazing games to life!
Role: UX Designer
Location: Adelaide CBD
Salary Package: Competitive (based on professional experience)
Contract Length: 12 months with strong possibility of extension for the right people
Employment Basis: Full time
The UX Designer will work across project teams to ensure all end products are intuitive to use, and are delivered with a polished look and feel. The role will involve:
- Designing screen flows & wireframes for intuitive interaction and avoidance of player confusion
- Assist in gameplay design to ensure it is intuitive, fun and polished
- Specifying in-game elements such as particle effects needed to convey information and emotion to the player
- Identifying the information needed to be available for the player at any given time.
- Collaborating closely with programmers, artists, and project coordinator and product lead to ensure a consistent, high quality user experience.
Studio experience in a similar role highly regarded but not compulsory if you have outstanding skills.
- Ability to understand the product from a user’s point of view and empathise with the players
- Live and breathe the mobile games ecosystem with familiarity of monetisation best practices
- Excellent control of Photoshop, Illustrator and other industry standard UI/UX tools which can be used to convey ideas to stakeholders
- Very strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively prioritise work
Additional Skills You May Have:
- Prior experience designing for mobile games is a strong plus.
- Skills in Unity (particularly in the area of UI and particle effects) to help bring your designs to life are highly regarded.
Come work at Foxie!
- Our agile development culture allows you to actively shape all aspects of the game you work on
- Work on exciting original IP for a large fanbase
- Work with a bunch of supportive & like-minded people
- Become part of a positive culture that values teamwork and a ‘get things done’ attitude
- Great work/life balance
- Full time salary with leave allowance
Successful applicants will join us in our office at GamePlus Adelaide. Salary will be based on experience.
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to work samples demonstrating your ability to fulfil the requirements of this role – this will be a significant factor in our screening process. Please also indicate if you are able to start working full time ASAP, and if not, please make sure to specify your availability.
Applications Open for 2019 until filled.
Australia/New Zealand Permanent Residents Only