Playcorp is looking for a talented VFX artist to create 2D and 3D in-game effects in Unity using textures, particles, meshes, shaders and animations.
Playcorp is a seasoned game development studio based in Melbourne Australia (Melbourne CBD) working with one of the world’s top game publishers, on games for PC, PS4, PS5, XBox One and XBox Series X. The company is growing strategically as it looks to add experienced game developers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Create 2D/3D mesh and particle effects in the Unity 3D game engine, matching the style and theme of the game.
Work closely with designers, artists, programmers and audio creators to perfect effects shown in the game.
Solve technical art challenges and apply creative solutions.
Work with cross-platform art requirements.
Tweak, improve and update existing effects.
Improve and document processes, pipelines and workflows.
* 2 years of VFX work in games using Unity 3D.
* Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating efficient and impactful visual effects.
* Self-motivation and self-reliance. Ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
* High attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Photoshop and your prefered VFX creation software (After Effects, Houdini, Maya etc).
* Portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
* Modeling skills to create models when needed for the VFX.
* Knowledge of Shaders and comfortable creating them would be beneficial.
If you are interested or have further inquiries, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote "VFX Artist" in the subject line and provide the following:
* CV / Resume.
* Previous work examples
* Portfolio or reel