At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences with a unique charm and innovative gameplay. We're looking for a Narrative Designer/Writer available 3 - 4 days a week for a short contract of up to 6 months. You will be working with us to develop the narrative bible for our ambitious new project.
You will document our lore, characters and narrative framework, as well as contribute to some in-game writing. (Yes, it is exciting!)
As this role requires a lot of collaboration with different departments, we are ideally looking for someone who is available to work with us in our Melbourne studio. However, remote and/or flexible options are available for the perfect candidate!
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP, we'd love to hear from you!
This contract is scheduled to start by early February 2020, dependent on the availability of the successful applicant. Please note applications will close by January 17, 2020.
The salary range for this role is broad - starting at $62,000 p.a (pro-rata) for mid-career applicants, up to $91,000 p.a (pro-rata) for senior applicants with 8 years + industry experience.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Experience designing narrative content and writing.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to collate & iterate on ideas to come up with design viable solutions.
- Good understanding of player experience and the need for context and guidance.
- Enthusiasm to work in a highly collaborative environment with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- High attention to detail.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Shipped at least one commercial title on any platform.
- 3+ years of commercial development experience.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira and Unity.
- Understanding of games-as-a-service development.
- Available to work in our Melbourne studio.
- Take ownership of key elements of our lore, characters and narrative framework.
- Work with the Gamerunner, Creative Director, Lead Game Designer and Editor to curate ideas and ensure a consistent tone.
- Develop and maintain narrative documents that clearly communicate concepts to our multidisciplinary team.
- Guide complicated narrative discussions and reviews to reach an objective rather than subjective outcomes.
- Collaborate with other departments, ensuring positive communication and creative problem-solving between disciplines.
- Write in-game content as required for our pre-production deliverables.
- Work with the tools and in-game editor to implement content, as necessary.
- Participate in scoping and planning of future narrative needs.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.