The FX Artist works closely with the FX lead to create high quality effects including rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation and fluid dynamics.
You will be working within a small talented team and have the opportunity to contribute your ideas both creatively and technically.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and animate high quality, effects (fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Work within the pipeline structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks.
- Work closely with Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all FX will work smoothly within the pipeline.
- Produce look tests based on provided reference materials.
- Take direction from FX Leads and Cinematics Director.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Good creative FX skills and ability to interpret ideas from concept through to finished FX
- Strong understanding of physical dynamics and interpreting natural phenomena
- Experience as an FX Artist working within a production environment
- Working experience with Maya and Real Flow and preferably Nuke
- Knowledge of any/all of the following: Rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modelling and rendering, procedural geometry generation and fluid dynamics with Maya fluids
- Requires strong technical and communication skills within a game cinematic structure
- Firm understanding of visual FX production pipelines
- Proactive problem solving attitude and willingness to generate and feedback ideas
- Python and Mel scripting a plus
The position is in-house at our Sydney CBD-based studio and will be a 1 year contract. Probationary periods will apply.
To be eligible to apply you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Please send your show reel (DVD or web link is preferable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.