UI Artist (Casual/Fixed-term)
About Hipster Whale
Hipster Whale is an entirely independent Melbourne based studio, founded in 2014 by Matt Hall and Andy Sum. Hipster Whale’s first release, Crossy Road, has been downloaded more than 200 million times and was a truly global hit.
Hipster Whale have since released PAC-MAN 256 in 2015 with Bandai Namco, Disney Crossy Road in 2016 with Disney, and Piffle with Mighty Games Group in 2018.
Hipster Whale is seeking a talented and experienced UI Artist to join our team. We are looking for someone who is available to start ASAP to work on a really exciting project which is currently underway.
Ideally, you’ll be Melbourne based and already hold a Visa allowing you to work in Australia. We’ll consider a remote position for the right candidate (if you’re willing to be available during Australian business hours).
This is a fixed-term contract role, with an expected duration of 4 months. The hours are flexible and rates to be negotiated in line with your experience level.
- - Work with the team to define functionality and usability requirements
- - Create clear and appealing UI graphic assets
- - Test and iterate upon designs
- - Contribute to improving the overall game experience
- - Proven experience in a similar role, ideally in the games industry
- - A portfolio which showcases a healthy balance of form vs. function
- - A solid understanding of flow and UX
- - Strong graphic design skills
- - Across current UI/UX standards, best practices and trends
- - Experience working in a team environment, with strong communication skills
- - Able to incorporate constructive feedback and take/give direction well
- - Strong Adobe Suite skills
- - Working knowledge of Unity
- - A good sense of humour
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with [Name – UI Artist] in the subject line.
The email should include:
- 1. A cover letter explaining your suitability for the role
- 2. Your CV containing a link to your portfolio
We will do our best to respond individually to all applicants. We really look forward to seeing your work!
Applications close COB Thursday, 29 August 2019.