We’re looking for a handy Unity programmer to help us make Best Friend Forever the Best Game Forever… whew. We’ll see ourselves out.
Come join us in Wellington, where you’ll start off helping us launch Best Friend Forever (a dating sim/management sim game) and then move on to our new unannounced project. You enjoy implementing a good lerp into your interfaces, building towards a common vision with likeminded creatives and coming up with interesting solutions to make digital dogs do things. For more information on BFF, our current project, check out www.bffgame.dog.
Core Skills & Experience:
• At least 3 years of experience in game development in C#.
• Experience in using Unity engine and third-party tools (such as Live2D Cubism).
• Experience in software development in a collaborative environment/part of a team working on a large project.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills – you can get the best out of a creative relationship with designers, producers and artists.
• Experience shipping at least one commercial title.
• Demonstrable knowledge about and passion for video games, especially simulation games.
• Experience working on simulation games (management or dating simulations a plus!)
• Experience developing for the Nintendo Switch and using associated dev tools.
• Interest in empathetic, romantic and/or narrative game experiences.
• You like dogs.
• A child-friendly, dog-friendly office space in central Wellington.
• Flexible working hours, as well as flexibility around parenting or caregiving responsibilities.
• A focus on mentorship in your field, and clear professional development paths.
• Creative input into our current and future development projects.
• RDOs to help you manage a good work-life balance.
If this ad has piqued your interest, then please let us know by emailing email@example.com. The role is onsite in Wellington, New Zealand, and we are looking for someone with the right to work in New Zealand – either a New Zealand or Australian citizen or someone with a work visa.
Starcolt is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin. Women and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.