Hi all, I'm from alphawave Games and right now we're working on our upcoming game "Wavelength" and looking for a remote based gameplay programmer with a hefty knowledge of Unity, C# and work with Editor Tools within Unity.
Let's get straight to the biscuits.
What you'll be doing
You'll be working with our lead designer and translate the insanity that is game design ideas and bring to them to life on the screen.
Here's what your character sheet should look like under "Abilities"
- Can adhere to deadlines
- Experience with Rhythm games
- Extensive Editor experience
- Knowing Unity like it was your own child
- An attitude that is professionally unprofessional - we're a pretty haphazard group of people, so naturally we're looking for someone who can tread the fine line between cracking a joke and dead focused on the task at hand.
- A human problem solver - You'll be able to step back from the problem and think of creative ways to overcome an obstacle
- On the topic of human, can actually speak it - You have A+ listed next to Communication and Positivity. Clear, concise and always up to brainstorm new ideas!
- Encyclopedic knowledge of games and their design - your knowledge and influences should range from Earthbound to Mystical Ninja to Gitaroo Man to Silent Hill. Far and wide!
While we prefer someone who lives in Brisbane, we're very much open to working with remote programmers all around!
If you're sitting there right now and thinking "Hey, wait a minute. I'm that person!", then send your portfolio and any questions to email@example.com.
UPDATE : Position has now been filled! Thanks for all your interest and stay tuned because we'll be back for more posts!