Oceanic Studio's is based in Port Melbourne and have been an indie developer since 2004.. We now have a requirement for coders for upcoming project's.
- Strong understanding of C/C++ (for content candidates)
- Sound knowledge of 3-D maths and physics
- Ability to work on tasks unsupervised
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and implement fun game-play
- Provide creative input to the design and implementation of gameplay mechanics
- Able to integrate quickly into an existing team
- Huge passion for creating and playing games
- Have developed and implemented game-play mechanics on a commercial game
- Vendor certification experience
- Experience in one or more of the following gameplay disciplines:
- Character animation
- Artificial intelligence
- Game camera logic and behaviour
- Game-play physics
- Effects, including both particle and sound
- User Interface design and implementation
- Strong understanding of C/C++ (for content-based candidates)
- Extensive experience with Unity (for Unity-based candidates)
- Two or more years experience
- Worked on at least one completed or soon-to-be-released game title(s)
- Experience working with current generation console and hand-held devices
Only applicants with Australian citizenship or relevant visas will be considered. Please note we do not relocate international or interstate applicants and we are not considering offsite employment.
All applications must include a folio with examples of your work and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We are unable to process applications which do not include this information.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Oceanic Studios does not accept solicitations from recruitment agencies.
Send mailed applications to:
102/115 Nott Street
Port Melbourne, 3207