Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Located in Brisbane, with an awesome team under one roof, we pride ourselves on creating memorable entertainment experiences that become an essential part of people’s everyday lives. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games. We believe that great teams make great games, and we all work together to achieve the best results. This means that we take our hiring process very seriously, making sure that we’re able to produce great games with the best team.
Why you’ll love it
We are committed to growing our employees, and as such we offer generous benefits and perks. We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We work hard to foster a culture that allows our Bricks to be the best they can.
Some Halfbrick perks include:
- Salary sacrifice for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
- Weekly massages on site, during working hours.
- Cake on your birthday (and everyone else’s birthday).
- Flexible working hours and work/life balance.
- Social events and Friday night board games/shenanigans.
- Daily breakfast bar.
- Monthly company lunches.
About the opportunity
As a member of the HB Studio team we will assist you to continue growing within your career and build upon your skill set. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Demonstrate capability and high-quality work.
- Maintain excellent file organisation and follow established processes.
- Quickly disseminate and adopt new processes and methodology.
- Work with and assist your peers to develop world class content, with a focus on innovation and creativity.
- Question and seek information from peers.
- Actively participate in creative meetings, contributing viable ideas.
- Constructively contribute to team culture through positive attitude.
- Articulate concepts and ideas in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Draw upon personal experience to determine best approach for task completion with an emphasis on reducing cycles of iteration and churn.
- Actively seek solutions to day-to-day production related queries.
- Check own work for quality and accuracy.
- Most importantly, helping create awesome games!
- Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges.
- Build-upon, create and maintain art pipelines, identifying and developing new tools and processes.
- Advanced level of knowledge with Unity including Shaders/Material setup, Prefab creation, lighting, UI, Animation, Particle and other Visual effects.
- Core knowledge of Photoshop.
- Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline (Modelling, Unwrapping, Texturing).
- Expertise in 3D rigging and skinning and animation. (Props and Characters).
- 2D rigs and animation (Spine, Unity).
- Integrate assets in-game without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of platform.
- Troubleshooting / debugging on technical issues.
- Optimise content for memory and performance.
- Ability to mentor in chosen methods, optimisations and tools.
- Monitoring work to be as efficient as possible with space/speed.
- Ability to cover multiple projects when needed.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques, current game development practices and utilise this effectively in game production.
- 3+ years experience in games development.
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce.
- Experience with scripting languages.
You’re the type of person who wishes to be part of a small, close-knit team of passionate creatives who work together to make valuable contributions to Halfbrick and the games we create.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of and experience with our games.
- Original and creative ideas.
- Great team spirit.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to get involved and contribute to all the awesome games we are working on.
- Proven experience and understanding within your field of work.
- Pride and responsibility in your work.
- Modesty and respect when receiving and giving feedback.