BACK END DEVELOPER
Tin Man Games/Steel Sky Productions is currently seeking an experienced Back End Developer to join our growing team.
You will be:
- Working full-time from our headquarters in South Melbourne.
- An important member of a close-knit team.
- Working as part of a small team of programmers on a Games Workshop title.
- Managing the build infrastructure for our games
- Developing back-end services and features for a live-ops multiplayer game.
- Communicating with external service providers to troubleshoot problems and deliver solutions.
A bit about you…
You're a game programmer with experience working on networked or multiplayer games. You can work with QA and production to help deliver stable builds on a deadline.
You’ve got excellent communication skills and are a proactive and independent worker. You know what a live-ops game needs to ensure it runs smoothly and effectively.
You enjoy working as part of a close-knit and communicative team.
- Working with Unity/C# to develop video games.
- Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Windows operating systems.
- Managing Git repos and the build pipeline for the game.
- Experience using PlayFab or working on multiplayer solutions.
- Experience with CPanel websites.
- Experience with Amazon A3 services.
- Experience with bash and command line scripting.
- Familiarity with any of the following: Trello, Confluence, JIRA.
- Interest in CCGs or tactical strategy games (Hearthstone, Gwent, Elder Scrolls: Legends, XCOM, Shadowrun Returns, Pillars of Eternity, Transistor etc).
- Familiarity with Games Workshop products (especially Age of Sigmar universe).
- Interest in boardgames.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV (maximum 2 A4 pages) and a cover letter (no longer than 1 A4 page), describing why you fit the above criteria and what you could bring to this role. As part of your cover letter, please tell us why your experience makes you a great fit for this role description, what motivates you, and why you would be excited to join the Tin Man Games/Steel Sky Productions team and work on Warhammer Underworlds: Online. Applications that fail to follow these instructions will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 10am Monday, September 2.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A minimum of 2 references are required and referrals are highly regarded.
We are keen to meet a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds so if you feel that you have a unique skill or perspective to offer, we hope to hear from you. If you are unsure that your skill set is an exact match for this description but feel you could offer something awesome to our team, we would love to hear from you. Please, don’t be shy and send us an application!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications received from people working in similar industries will be treated with the strictest of confidence. As part of our recruitment procedures for this role, Steel Sky Productions may independently verify the information you provide us during the recruitment process. Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted as a result of this application. If you have not heard from us by Friday, September 6th then your application has not been successful.