QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTER
Tin Man Games/Steel Sky Productions is currently seeking a Quality Assurance professional to join our growing team.
You will be:
- Working full-time from our headquarters in South Melbourne.
- An important member of a close-knit team.
- Working closely with all departments of the team to ensure the health and functionality of Warhammer Underworlds: Online.
- Working closely with production to identify, track and prioritise bugs.
- Developing testing procedures to verify game functionality.
- Identifying risks during testing and escalating the details to applicable departments.
- Using JIRA, Playfab, Unity Cloud Diagnostics and Google Analytics on a daily basis.
- Working with the Warhammer Underworlds: Online community to answer bug related questions, responding to and triaging these issues.
- Recording gameplay footage for use in approval procedures.
- Working with Unity.
A bit about you…
You’re a quality assurance professional who is eager to further their experience in quality assurance; it’s your chosen specialisation or career path. You demonstrate quality ownership and take initiative when it comes to identifying and articulating QA needs.
You have an eagle-eye for detail and love examining the minutia of game features.
You’re invested in the overall vision for the game and would be happy to contribute to design and tech meetings, while also possessing the maturity and professionalism to trust other team members to carry out their design and development tasks. You enjoy working as part of a close-knit and communicative team.
- Commercial QA experience in either video games or software.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident using bug tracking and task management software.
- Familiarity with bug reporting procedures.
- Thoroughness and high attention to detail.
- Familiarity with any of the following programs: Unity, Bolt, Trello, Confluence, JIRA, Playfab, Unity Cloud Diagnostics, Discord and Google Analytics.
- Interest in CCGs or tactical strategy games (Hearthstone, Gwent, Elder Scrolls: Legends, XCOM, Shadowrun Returns, Pillars of Eternity, Transistor etc).
- Familiarity with Games Workshop products (especially Age of Sigmar universe).
- Familiarity with Warhammer Underworlds.
- Interest in boardgames.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV (maximum 2 A4 pages) and a cover letter (no longer than 1 A4 page), describing why you fit the above criteria and what you could bring to this role. As part of your cover letter, please provide an example bug report for an issue you have encountered while playing a video game or using software. You may provide this example in any format you wish – feel free to get creative! Your example may be fictitious. Applications that fail to follow these instructions will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 10am Wednesday, July 31.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. A minimum of 2 references are required and referrals are highly regarded.
We are keen to meet a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds so if you feel that you have a unique skill or perspective to offer, we hope to hear from you. If you are unsure that your skill set is an exact match for this description but feel you could offer something awesome to our team, we would love to hear from you. Please, don’t be shy and send us an application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications received from people working in similar industries will be treated with the strictest of confidence. As part of our recruitment procedures for this role, Steel Sky Productions may independently verify the information you provide us during the recruitment process. Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted as a result of this application. If you have not heard from us by Friday, August 9th then your application has not been successful.