At League of Geeks, we believe in building the tools and pipelines for creatives to do what they love the most - making wonderful games!
We're looking for a Technical Artist with a passion for real-time rigging and experience using the Unity Engine's animation toolkit. You'll play a pivotal role in research and development for features that depend on animation, and help guide our practices and technology in this field.
You'll work closely with the code department, as well as artists and animators, to see our exciting new game's vision come to life. Under your guidance, the animation department will be an efficient team of creatives easily able to see their work in engine.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world. You’ll be part of our planning meetings, design discussions, and of course Friday afternoon events, weekly LoG Dog Day, and more.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and be part of our studio as it grows to be even bigger and better, while helping to shape our new, original IP - we want to hear from you.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Professional experience with the animation pipeline from Maya to Unity.
- Professional experience rigging and skinning assets for use in Unity.
- Understanding of the technical constraints and requirements of real-time animation.
- The initiative and passion to push animation technically forward at the company.
- The ability to guide and instruct Character Artists with the construction of their meshes for animation.
- Great communication skills and a dedication to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Dedication to actively improving your skillset by keeping up to date with industry trends and techniques.
- Experience writing tools and scripts in Maya with Python 2.7.
- Experience with PyMel, PySide and the Qt GUI framework.
- Knowledge of C# programming language.
- Prior experience integrating motion capture data.
- Cinemachine experience.
Your Day to Day Tasks:
- Rigging and skinning of game assets.
- Importing and setup of animated game assets in Unity.
- Developing and maintaining animation tools and pipeline for game development.
- Developing solutions for technical challenges that are faced by the content team.
- Collaborating with Artists and the broader team to help bring the project vision to life.
- Helping LoG build and maintain a great working culture through positive teamwork!
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day. Yeah, dogs!
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Professional development track, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Friday afternoon events inclusive of the whole studio.
- Annual Summer Family Picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most livable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
If this role and a future at LoG sounds good to you, send an up-to-date CV, cover letter and link to a demonstration of your work to careers(at)leagueofgeeks(dot)com.
Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we will endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!