We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Network Engineer, you’ll maintain and oversee every aspect of network infrastructure for Riot in Oceania. You’ll employ your expert networking skills to help safeguard servers, protect systems and keep invaders out of Riot’s series of tubes. As a stalwart net guardian, you’ll investigate emerging networking issues and maintain a healthy infrastructure so that every byte and bit that passes through the pipes is protected. When connections show signs of wear and tear, you’ll get your hands dirty and fix problems, leaving networks more resilient and efficient than how you found them.
As a Sydney Rioter, you’ll join a small team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Community, Esports and Marketing, Riot Games Sydney will create bonzer player experiences in and around League of Legends.
- Educated and experienced: you bring at least eight years working with Linux and Windows in production environments and a bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related field; no degree is no prob if you’ve got equivalent on-the-job experience
- Always connected: whether the internet is being piped in via wire or through the air, you’ve managed connections in corporate and production environments that’s kept everyone connected, even during service hiccups
- A communications savant: you clearly communicate through the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation, morning scrum or security bulletin
- Secure: there are security experts and then there’s you – a true savant of computing and infrastructure security; you’ve got an expert grasp of TCP/IP, access control lists, firewalls and network traffic analysis and the associated tools that keep systems safe
- A self-motivated teammate: you’re comfortable going solo or with a group, especially when time is tight and deadlines are approaching; you’re the closest thing to a perpetual motion machine that physics will allow
- Design, implement and support Riot’s global network infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, internet, remote access systems and authentication platforms; some travel may be required
- Help develop information security policies, standards, procedures and checklists; respond to and analyze security system alerts and incident reports while assessing potential vulnerabilities
- Take responsibility for multiple projects simultaneously, including network capacity planning, performance tuning, troubleshooting and managing network monitoring systems
- Install, configure and maintain network and host based intrusion prevention systems, firewalls and other security devices
- Ensure procedures and processes are clearly and accurately documented and implemented
You have a broad range of Network Engineer experience, including the following:
- Expertise in IP routing protocols, including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS
- Proficiency working with VLAN, VRF, HSRP, port security, traffic shaping, priority queuing and Class of Service
- Network security tools including DNS, SMTP, SNMP, syslog and VPN
- In-depth experience with vendors’ hardware, including Cisco and Juniper
- Network hardware vendor certification, including CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS, JNCIE and more
- VoIP and SIP