Join Big Ant Studios as a full-time Graphics/Engine Programmer and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio.
You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology that complements the game visuals and experience. You will work within a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to help shape our future titles.
We encourage applications and enquiries from women and underrepresented developers.
• Designing and implementing new systems, while improving existing systems in C++ and Lua
• Self-managing programming task schedule updates and coordinating with production teams
• Bug fixing and maintenance of the existing Big Ant Engine
• Identifying, analysing and correcting common issues in a multi-threaded game engine, such as load times, memory usage and CPU/GPU performance
• Delivering robust, performant and maintainable program code
• Working with art team members to provide tools and improve the visual experience
• Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years experience in software programming, ideally in the video-game industry
• Very good working knowledge of C++ and debugging techniques
• Good working knowledge of source code control systems, such as Git, Subversion and/or Perforce
• Write (and debug) efficient vertex, pixel and compute shaders in HLSL, GLSL or equivalent
• Working knowledge of PBR, HDR, sRGB, Tone mapping, Colour grading, Image processing
• Working knowledge of DirectX 11/12 graphics API
• Experience on the current generation of game consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
• Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, beer and pizza Fridays and professional development support.
Big Ant encourages applications and enquiries from women and other underrepresented developers.
Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage we cannot sponsor a working visa.