At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences with a unique charm and innovative gameplay. We're looking for a Game Designer with systems design skills to get the moment-to-moment gameplay just right for our ambitious new project.
As a collaborative, agile team, we love generalists possessing deep specialisations. While systems design will be your focus, you'll have opportunities to expand into economy design and balancing. You'll use your critical thinking, collaboration skills, understanding of UX, and creativity to deliver a delightful, innovative gameplay experience.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world and you will become a core member of the LoG family making that a reality. Not to mention you’ll be part of our planning meetings, greater design discussions, and of course Friday afternoon events, weekly Dog Day, and more.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and get in on the ground floor for our new, original IP, we want to hear from you.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Proven experience designing features and systems as part of a professional game design team.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team to see features through from concept to iteration to delivery.
- Good understanding of UX and game balancing for a wide audience.
- Dedication to supporting and promoting the right ideas for the project, no matter the source.
- Critical thinking and the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Thoroughness and high attention to detail.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Shipped at least one commercial title on any platform.
- 3 to 5 years of commercial development experience.
- Experience with Unity, Confluence and Jira.
- Scripting skills, extra bonus points for AI-related scripting.
- Experience with economy design.
- Understanding of games-as-a-service development.
- A knack for mentoring others.
- Take ownership of significant features, systems and content as a key member of the design team.
- Develop and maintain design documents that clearly communicate concepts to our multidisciplinary team.
- Guide complicated design discussions and reviews to reach objective rather than subjective outcomes.
- Collaborate with other departments, ensuring positive communication and creative problem-solving between disciplines.
- Work with the tools and in-game editor to tweak and tune the player experience.
- Participate in scoping and iterating on high-level plans, budgets and schedules.
- Analyse game data and user feedback to extract insights and improvements for our game.
- Conduct design research into industry best practices and design solutions.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day. Yeah, dogs!
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Professional development track, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development and game jam days.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
If this role and a future at LoG sounds good to you, send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to careers(at)leagueofgeeks(dot)com.
In your cover letter please include a few sentences about a game with outstanding game design, and what makes it so great.
Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we will endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!