Founded in 2007, KIXEYE is an online gaming company that plays to win. Responsible for popular titles like Backyard Monsters, Battle Pirates and War Commander, KIXEYE is the first developer to deliver proper game play experiences on social networks. The company is based in San Francisco and backed by Trinity Ventures, JAFCO and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
We are looking for a passionate, resourceful and enthusiastic Tools Programmer to join our new Australian studio in Brisbane. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of game developers on creating some of the best Flash-based online social RTS games on the market. Your main tasks will include design and implementation of tools for game production and development of process-optimizing workflows.
- Collaborate with multiple departments such as art, audio and design to understand and define requirements for tools to optimize their workflows
- Collaborate with other engineers to enhance and integrate new features into core systems
- Design, develop, extend and maintain game production tools
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and according to the agreed specification
- Provide time estimates, assist in project planning and reporting
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development, preferably in computer games
- Very good skills in object-oriented programming and common design patterns
- Highly collaborative with a willingness to assist others
- Experience in design and implementation of tools and User Interfaces
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Action Script 3 and Adobe AIR or C# languages