Spunge Games Brisbane is seeking a Lead Game Designer to join our talented team to help drive the creation of fun and exciting game experiences for our players. You will lead by way of experience, having worked in different areas of game design.
The key to your success in this role will also be a deep and thorough understanding of mobile game development; excellent communication skills, extensive knowledge of, and passion for playing and developing mobile games
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Leading and driving game concept development
• Leading the design of game systems, content, and monetization features
• Designing game mechanics, building iterations, testing, and improving on them based on play testing, feedback, and live metrics
• Working as part of the design team, taking responsibility for multiple mobile game projects
• Creating, balancing, and tuning game mechanics, game difficulty and UI flow
• Creating clear game design documentation that is understandable and easily communicated to the rest of the team
• Ability to develop prototypes on your own as well as within a team
• Pitching creative ideas for new game projects
• Driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile players needs and motivations
KEY SKILLS | QUALIFICATIONS:
• Coding and prototyping skills
• Experience with Unity game engine
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a game design role
• Shipped at least 2 published titles (ideally on mobile)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to articulate, lead and drive the game design process
• Strong creative ideas and imagination with a passion for creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
• Positive attitude, self-driven, possessing a collaborative spirit able to work well in a team!
• Demonstrated experience of creating hypercasual games
• A good knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation and advertising techniques
• Experience of mobile game live ops and A/B testing
• Knowledge of mobile game market, trends, competition, platforms, and app stores
SPUNGE GAMES CULTURE
Established in 2014, Brisbane-based mobile game studio - Spunge Games rose to critical success with the worldwide number one hit ‘Faily Brakes’ and ‘Faily Rider’ games. Spunge Games is part of a collective of companies with shared ownership and complementary skills, including Liquid Animation and Liquid Interactive.
You will take ownership of your role and contribute actively with ideas for new projects in a creative and stimulating working environment. You will be part of a dynamic team, working together in goodwill to achieve best results. We offer a creative and fun environment with a culture that will allow you to thrive, right here in the heart of Fortitude Valley Brisbane.