Role: Unity 3D Senior Developer for fixed term mixed reality project
Purpose of Position
The Senior Developer is responsible for developing new mixed reality software and optimising performance and memory usage for our project built with the Unity3D game
Engine, using the Hololens to provide training and instruction for people with intellectual disability.
In addition to regular developer duties, the Senior Developer is expected to be involved in
design decisions, prioritizing and scheduling decisions. The role also requires checking of the junior developer’s code. The Senior Developer will be required to provide updates on progress of tasks and systems, communicate issues early on and deliver tasks within deadlines.
You will be encouraged to challenge design ideas and you have the ability to present
alternatives which may be similar in design but delivered in an optimal manner. Furthermore,
you are open-minded to changes, work efficiently and proactively look to find improvements and solutions whilst being responsive to deadlines.
You are expected to demonstrate initiative and flexible work practices, appropriate
to a game/software development studio operation including;
- Contribution to the collaborative vision and design for projects and ensuring
- Alignment with external partners;
- Acting as a respected cross-disciplinary team member;
- Contributing to the decision making process to ensure projects stay on budget and
- Meet all milestones at a high quality with low risk;
- Engaging with external clients, service representatives, researchers and government
- Representatives as required.
The Senior Developer will contribute to a social mission, client focused and creative
environment and is expected to demonstrate initiative and undertake flexible work practices.
1. Deliver on tasks and systems that fit with company priorities.
2. Prioritize, schedule and track programming tasks and report progress as required.
3. Work as part of a multi-discipline, specialist team, and as part of this team contribute to
work schedules, outputs, and technical capability and output of the team as a whole.
4. Produce, promote and support software development best practices and standards, and
operations materials for implementation into any project. This will include the following
tasks and duties:
- Programming the software using programming languages such as C#;
- Quality testing the software in a systematic and thorough way to find problems or
bugs and recording precisely where the problem was discovered;
- Solving complex technical problems that occur within the software’s production;
- Disseminating knowledge to colleagues and clients;
- Work with the team to conceptualise and prototype interface functionality, look and feel;
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative
- Develop communication skills that supports an open working environment in
terms of feedback;
- Assist with presentations and demonstrations of deliverables to stakeholders and
other interest groups.
5. Provide support to the group to ensure a team based, quality client focused service is
provided and to identify development needs and opportunities.
6. Participate in specific project activities, including assisting preparation of project
proposals, designs, specifications, and reports.
7. Engage and work efficiently with colleagues and other collaborators to achieve common
goals to the highest possible standard.
8. Adhere to company policies regarding inclusion, discrimination and harrassment. You are required to treat other team members with respect at all times
1. Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to the completion of a degree
in a related discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and implementing digital graphics.
The candidate can:
a. Demonstrate knowledge in Programming, Web development, Databases and Games/software development
3. Demonstrated problem-solving skills and a proven record of design and development of
4. Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes with minimal supervision and solve problems
requiring a high level of attention to detail.
5. Interpersonal oral communication skills that demonstrate a capacity to work with
stakeholders and colleagues.
6. Written communication skills that demonstrate capability to write reports and documentation.
7. Demonstrated commitment to providing high quality work within a team environment in a
timely and efficient manner.
8. Ability to actively participate in and contribute to establishing and maintaining an effective
safe and healthy workplace.
1. Knowledge of instructional design and learning methodologies.
2. Experience programming on mixed reality, alternate reality or VR projects
2. Knowledge of interaction design patterns and interface development methodologies.
3. Experience in rich-media web and info-graphics design.
4. Experience in one or more commercial interaction or user interface design roles.
5. Knowledge of or experience with disability
Understanding of accessible user interface design principles
Please note: This project will require you to participate in user testing sessions with people who have intellectual disabilities. You will be required to submit a police check and must not be prohibited under any law of the Commonwealth, State or Territory from working with vulnerable persons.
$35-$60 an hour depending on the candidate.
Total contract budget will be negotiated depending on specific of deliverables.
Enabler Interactive (www.enablerinteractive.com) is a social enterprise led by ACT Young Australian of the Year Huy Nguyen, established to address the challenges faced by people with disability.
Enabler has taken a revolutionary approach to training to improve access to quality support services, by utilizing 3D simulation gaming technology to teach support workers fundamental knowledge and practical application of skills.
We take on serious game and technology projects that fulfil our social mission of making the world more inclusive and accessible for people with disabilities.