Hi again, we're back! If you missed Chapter 1 in "alphawave Games hires all the people", we're working on our first and upcoming game "Wavelength" and this time, we're looking for an outstanding 3D Character Artist coupled with Animation and Rigging skills.
So what's the deal with job tasks?
Here's what your Gambit list should look like (ie. What you'll be doing)
- - Referencing the art and model sheets from the 2D Lead Artist, creating both low and high poly 3D models for use in-game
- - UV mapping/wrapping of said models
- - Creating all the necessary textures for said models
- - Rigging each character model
- - Work with the Creative Director and Lead Animator to create awesome looking animations for each character
And here's what your License Board should look like (ie. What your skillset and knowledge should be)
- - Can adhere to deadlines
- - Experience with Unity's worklow
- - Incredible knowledge on pop culture (music, animations, film, tv) and art, understanding the how's and why's of different art styles and techniques in order to translate from Art to English
- - An attitude that is professionally unprofessional - we're a pretty haphazard group of people, so naturally we're looking for someone who can tread the fine line between cracking a joke and dead focused on the task at hand.
- - A human problem solver - You'll be able to step back from the problem and think of creative ways to overcome an obstacle
- - On the topic of human, can actually speak it - You have A+ listed next to Communication and Positivity. Clear, concise and always up to brainstorm new ideas!
We prefer people with experience with creating assets for WiiU and/or PS4-based games, but don't let that stop you from sending us your portfolio.
And while we also prefer someone who lives locally (Brisbane), also don't let that stop you from sending your stuff through!
If you're sitting there right now thinking "Why won't this job ad end!? Let me just send my stuff to you!", then send your portfolio and any questions to email@example.com.
NOTE: Previously with our Programmer ad, we severely underestimated JUST how many people got back to us, so if we haven't got around to you this time around, we apologise in advance!
UPDATE! Position is now...FILLED. Thank you all so much for the flood of portfolios and effort!