Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Community Manager (Oceania), you’ll build a thriving League of Legends community, touching projects that will impact thousands of players. You’ll act as ambassador of the players, championing the needs of Oceania’s players and giving them the content they didn’t even know they wanted. Your efforts won’t simply engage the community, they will help grow it from campus to campus, from tourney to tourney.
As a Sydney Rioter, you’ll join a small team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Community, Esports and Marketing, Riot Games Sydney will create bonzer player experiences in and around League of Legends.
- Experienced: you’ve worked in a community or a player-facing role for at least one year, ensuring all the things are awesome and completed on time
- Self-driven: you don’t need marching orders, and you’re more unstoppable than an elite Demacian commando, knocking out tasks with whatever it takes to get the job done, and done damn well
- Well-connected: you have a solid understanding of and for passion for new media, social networking, and the latest community tools and techniques; you’re deeply involved in at least one social media platform, though you’re likely an inhabitant of many
- Technically proficient: you’re knowledgeable in at least one content management system and commercial forum software such as vBulletin; you use these tools of your trade to strengthen the relationship between Riot and players
- Player-focused: you’re one with the gamers; what they think is what you think about
- Crazy for LoL: more devotee than fan, you have a passion for League of Legends and its community; you advocate for the player because you are a player
- Communicate directly with players, building strong relationships and maintaining a visible external presence; monitor forums and other communications to identify common player issues and discussion patterns to help you and your team be more responsive
- Collaborate with Community teams in North America, ensuring consistent progress towards a strategy including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building and outreach initiatives
- Advocate internally on behalf of the player, ensuring that development teams and Riot Games as a whole hear player needs
- Manage and execute community-facing initiatives including contests, volunteer programs, fan site programs, collegiate programs, offline events, convention presence, email campaigns and social media initiatives
- Coordinate with production, development and marketing teams to bring community and website features online
Click the apply button (at the following link) and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously. Please also include Community Manager (Oceania) | Your Name in the subject line.