We are looking for an experienced Animator to work on animating some cute and colourful characters for our new, unannounced, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U game. This would be a 3-6 month contract and a chance to work on an early PlayStation 4 title.
- High Quality animation of polygon modelled and smooth skinned characters using Maya
- At least 1 published game as an animator in a major area of the game or 2+ years experience in animation for games, film or tv
- You must be well versed in Maya, particularly skinning, rigging and animation
- Good hand drawn and concept art skills
- Good modelling, uv mapping and texturing skills
- Experience with Collada and/or Nintendoware model exporters
- Experience of working in both low poly and sub-division surface or high-polygon workflows
- As the game will be across a range of devices we will need to be able to create and animate the characters at a range of polygon densities from low to high
- Rendering and compositional skills
You must be a good communicator and able to work in a small, friendly team. You must also be able to communicate your work to the whole team including programmers, designers and non-technical team members. You must be able to take direction and critical feedback well and be able to look at your own work in a critical manner.
You must be self motivated and able to work to deadlines. You will be required to work with the Creative Director to set your deadlines and be able to realistically schedule and work to these.
You must be available to work in Pyrmont, Sydney and have valid work permits and/or visas to do so. As such candidates currently based outside of Australia/NZ will not be considered.
If you are interested we would love to hear from you! Please apply to us at email@example.com with:
- A copy of your résumé
- A list of the titles you have worked on and what your role was
- Links to videos or demos showcasing your animation skills
- If you have previous experience of cute/cartoony/Pixar style animation please highlight this
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Please list the job title in the subject line of your email