Sydney-based game developer Not Doppler is seeking a Mid-level Unity Programmer to work on a new, in-development mobile game title.
Whilst Not Doppler’s office is based in Sydney, due to COVID-19 all of our staff are working remotely until a point in time where it is safe to return to an office-based environment. However for this role we are looking for candidates who are either in Sydney, or willing to relocate to Sydney.
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted our focus to become mobile-first, publishing games such as the Earn to Die series and producing Tap Tap Dash.
In 2017 we launched our first in-house developed game Crash of Cars, which has generated over 40 million downloads to-date. We have a strong focus on developing and publishing original IP for mobile, with new projects in the pipeline.
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
We’re looking for a Mid-Level Unity Programmer to assist with the development of a new original mobile game IP. Our games have reached over 100 million players to date, and we’re looking for a motivated new team member to help us reach even more!
Key duties for this role include:
- Assisting with the development of game UI
- Creating Unity editor tools
- Help with integration of 3rd party libraries
- Refactoring and expanding current code base
- Working with the art and design teams to refine game pipelines
- Debugging and troubleshooting code
- Assisting in deploying, profiling and testing builds
- Prototyping new ideas
We are seeking candidates with:
- Experience in developing iOS & Android games using Unity 3D
- Expert knowledge of Unity Editor 2018 or greater
- Experience working collaboratively on codebases with multiple programmers
- Well versed in Unity C# scripting and core C# language features
- Understanding of OOP concepts and basic design patterns
- Familiarity with using UGUI
- Familiarity with Github, Sourcetree or similar
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Great communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile games space
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- Amazon S3 or EC2
- Understanding of MVVM patterns
- Experience with Unity, Xcode and Android profiling/debugging tools
- General understanding of 3D modeling and 2D art tools
- Experience using BAAS
For this full-time role at our Sydney CBD office (however initially starting remotely until it is safe to return to the office), we are seeking candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience working at a game development studio or equivalent. Competitive remuneration based on experience.
If you would like to apply for this full-time role, please email a copy of your resume and sample code to email@example.com
For candidates that are shortlisted, we will conduct all interviews via Google Hangouts / Zoom or similar video conferencing software whilst we work remotely.
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close August 16, 2020. Relocation assistance is available for successful candidates.