Who we are
An ambitious team turning big dreams into reality
The $100 billion gaming industry is on the verge of revolution. For decades, gamers have suffered under the pretense of ownership: purchasing digital assets to which they hold but negligible rights. Now, with the advent of blockchain technology, comes the opportunity to empower gamers with true ownership. At Immutable, our mission is to lead this revolution and transform the space as social and mobile platforms did years ago.
With a small but exceptional team of artists, designers and engineers we are building Gods Unchained: a AAA trading card game where players have complete control over their assets. As we approach launch, we need the help of other talented professionals to help bring our game to the world.
That's where you come in...
With a rapidly increasing player base on our game, God's Unchained and influx of unique technical issues, we have a need to build in more processes around user support. We now have a full-time Customer / Player Support Champion opportunity within our Marketing team to handle these evolving requirements. This member of staff would dedicate their efforts to resolving important user issues and working cross-functionally to improve support processes between internal and external support, marketing, and engineering teams.
This singular stakeholder would work with the Immutable team in order to streamline both inward- and outward-facing processes regarding user support. As a result, our community of users will have their needs met in a timely manner, which in turn would lead to greater retention of players and an increase in overall sentiment. The Customer / Player Support Champion would build on pre-existing tools in order to do so, as well as act with initiative to improve resources and support channels further.
The Customer / Player Support Champion would also be tasked with onboarding and managing an offshore support agency. This agency would play an essential role in achieving the SLA goals of the Customer Support team, as they would be able to provide 24 hour coverage across the span of the entire week.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Own the Customer Support function for Immutable
- Own Service Desk ticketing platform and refining best practice for internal processes
- Build and scale additional support infrastructure
- Ensure all user-facing communications conducted through our support channels adhere to Immutable’s values and company policies
- Act as the first point of contact for escalations of support issues, and escalating and/or assigning tasks to the appropriate internal staff as necessary.
- Achieve quarterly KPIs and SLAs as established by Immutable
- Ideal Capabilities & Qualifications
- Passionate Gamer who understands the audience and its motivations.
- Problem Solver who can quickly diagnose root-cause issues, think up, and implement solutions to addressing them in effective ways.
- Caring Communicator who can be a kind, confident and able to empathise with users, expresses themselves politely and respectfully at all times in the public forum.
- Ambitious + Hungry - You would go above and beyond what’s traditionally expected to ensure high quality and quantity of work
- Collaborative Team Member - An egoless team-player who strives to incorporate and understand the perspectives of others within the Immutable team.
- Recent Graduate - Ideally Bachelor in Marketing, Communications etc or Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) Graduate
- Blockchain - either an interest or curiosity to learn & develop a knowledge base
No remote working: Whilst we want to support remote working in the medium-term, we are only hiring for onsite roles to promote collaboration and grow our culture.
Who you are
Satisfied with the status-quo? Pass. Want somebody telling you what to do? Look elsewhere. Curious and driven? Let’s talk.
Our vision is reflected in a set of common values. If these values reflect both you and the people you want to work with, you will thrive at Immutable.
We have an insatiable hunger for self improvement
- We have a growth culture, focussed on learning and development.
- The term high performance culture is often used to describe some amazing companies. At Immutable we believe that performance is the output and by focusing on inputs and the process the results will take care of themselves. This is because learning compounds, so small improvements add up to have a large impact over time. Mistakes are also treated differently: in a growth culture they are an opportunity to learn.
- If you bring a growth mindset you can improve your intelligence, ability and performance. It is equally important to improve your strengths as well as your weaknesses.
- We seek to learn individually and collectively.
We are active and inclusive beacons of positivity
- We have a playful culture, based on upbeat and constructive interactions.
- You spend approximately 80,000 hours and much of your waking life at work. Who you share that time with and how they make you feel has a massive impact on your wellbeing. If you join Immutable we want every day to be a joy. - Of course things will go wrong, there will be tough moments and that’s when you can rely on the team to support you through it.
- We strive to be our best selves.
We communicate with loving honesty
- We have a culture of trust, built upon sincerity and openness.
- Transparency is important. Communication errors are the source of many problems from misaligned expectations to hidden agendas. It is difficult to fix something that you don’t know is broken. However the truth can be hard to hear if not delivered tactfully. And radical transparency does not always lead to optimal outcomes. At Immutable we expect honesty, but with others best interests at heart.
- We help others achieve their best.
We are scientists: we hypothesise, we test and we iterate
- We have a scientific culture to make decisions and learn.
- Hypothesise - we are curious and constantly seek to improve processes
- Test - we gather data and feedback to validate our hypotheses
- Iterate - we learn from our tests to make better choices over time
- We listen with an open mind and judge based on reasons, not bias
There is no speed limit
- What is holding you back?
Things we don't consider important in your application
A prior interest in gaming or blockchain: so long as you’re curious to learn what the fuss is about
Your background, age, ethnicity, gender or sexuality: we see the value in a wide breadth of personal experiences, and understand that a diverse team makes better games and a more fulfilling place to work.
What it's like to work here
- A fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment where you will do things you never thought possible
- Our passion for decentralisation goes beyond the blockchain - it is a necessary part of our work culture. If you are used to top-down control it can take some getting used to, but you will soon realise the only thing holding you back is yourself.
How we work
- Collaborative quarterly goal setting: see how you work ties into the company's goals and help define what success looks like
- Sponsored learning: if you want to learn from the best educator in your field, we’ll find a way to make it happen. People in our team have had masterclasses from - NYT bestsellers, Lead Designers of the largest games in the world, and more.
- Regular feedback: at the team and individual level. How can you improve without feedback?
- Small, agile scrum teams: running on 1 to 2 week cycles
- Transparency around strategy: with a clear process for raising ideas and issues: Everyone’s thoughts and opinions are valued, and anyone, from intern to executive, can tell us how to do things better
As a small startup we can offer you a unique benefit: growth. You will be joining on the ground floor which means you can grow with us - leadership positions, roles many levels above your current experience and the opportunity to make a significant contribution. It's yours for the taking.
We know your best work is done when you can trust your colleagues and have fun at work. We do this by:
- Hosting weekly social events
- Providing coffee and snacks to all on-site employees
- Decorated office with artwork from our awesome AAA fantasy game
- Supporting flexible working
- We are a fast moving startup with unique benefits around career growth
We are still in the early days of forming our company culture. We want YOU to bring fresh ideas and help us make Immutable a fantastic place to work.