THQ Inc. is a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. We develop and publish content for gaming platforms including Microsoft Xbox 360®, Nintendo Wii™, Sony PlayStation® 3. Not only do we have a portfolio of top-selling, award-winning interactive entertainment but a friendly, supportive and creative organisational culture.
We’re seeking a talented Creative Manager to join our organisation in our China offices, based in Shanghai.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Delivering diverse and detailed of feedback and suggestions in varying areas of game design (i.e. combat, balance, level design etc.).
- Working with Producers and Executive Producers, leverage excellent communication and game documentation skills to align the product vision and create winning titles for the Asia Online market.
- Communicate and disseminate game vision to licensors, and developers, in the delivered game.
- Leading the design for the core game mechanics of a high-profile game, in accordance with the game vision.
- Researching, and analysis of emerging market games and trends.
- Creating and present game pitches as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Mandarin fluency, reading/speaking preferred.
- Designed a minimum of one AAA/major video game titles from concept to shipped product;
- Understanding of online games / Console game development practices. (Specific knowledge of Asia online games a plus)
- High level communication skills. Demonstrated understanding of the product development lifecycle Demonstrated project and people management skills;
- A solid sense for the Asian game industry and a particular interest in the online games genre. Bachelor's degree in Computing/ Art/ Design/ Language/Literature (preferred)
What’s in it for you?
- Friendly, creative and fun work environment!
- Supportive management team that encourages growth, learning and development.
- Annual performance & salary reviews.
- Additional annual leave, paid paternity and maternity leave.
- THQ equity programs.
- Income protection insurance.
- Gym sessions.
- Friday drinks & regular social functions!
- Competitive salary, bonuses and more...
Interested? For any further questions please contact Senior Recruiter, Emily Ross on +61 7 3833 2868 or firstname.lastname@example.org