Skip to main content

Anime style woman

Submitted by Gldfire on

Just thought I would show you guys a picture of something I made

[img]http://members.optushome.com.au/gldfire/ChrisManimechar.jpg[/img]

I will probly end up inserting the character into a 3d fighting game im making in my spare time.[:)]

Submitted by Major Clod on Fri, 02/05/03 - 1:53 PM Permalink

At the moment her breasts are both pointing straight ahead. You should try to point them out to the sides a little more, so the nipples aren't both facing the same direction.

Submitted by Dan Ward on Fri, 02/05/03 - 6:22 PM Permalink

Its Mariah Carey! (spelling?)

Looks pretty cool whats the poly count on it?

Submitted by Gldfire on Fri, 02/05/03 - 9:42 PM Permalink

Its always about the breasts isnt it there too small or big erected nipples etc..
Way back last year I made a 3d model of Aria Giovanni cause I was bored, and all my friends complained that the breasts were too small.

Back to the topic, the polycount on my anime character.
The actual character itself without the shoes and accesories is only 2600 polygons (quads) But with all the accessories its a grand total of 4580 polygons (quads). Anyway it runs smoothly in a 3d engine with a 512x512 texture map on my pc.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 02/05/03 - 10:33 PM Permalink

I'd expect alot more detail for 2600 quads, thats about 5200 faces if its all quads.
You could model the leg opening of the shorts and the other clothing with that amount of faces.
Her face and hair could do with some detail, it looks like a low poly head was put onto the body of another, higher poly model that you had done at an earlier stage.
Major Clod is right her breasts are off, why model the nipples? is it cold where she is? I do like the rest of the body and the shoes though.

Not to harsh? I'm always to harsh. [:(]

Submitted by Leviron on Sat, 03/05/03 - 1:39 AM Permalink

Your audience is really the general public.
I don't know anything about modelling but I believe its hard to make something good.

I think the hair is quite bad. Leg openings for the shorts would do your work some justice, the pants look like a painting right now. Nipples pointing outwards is more realistic. If she is wearing a singlet or something, shouldn't the material be covering the breasts? Like the bottom part of the breasts. Anime characters - no matter how gloomy the theme is they have cute faces for the females even if they are old. Your choice of clothing for her is umm...strange even bad. There are better ways to suggest a sexy woman with erect nipples and weapons.

If I'm too harsh, tell me to tone down or something to adjust to this forum's style.

Submitted by Gldfire on Sat, 03/05/03 - 12:02 PM Permalink

[img]http://members.optushome.com.au/gldfire/animejeans.jpg[/img]
I did originally make a version with long jeans too, but didnt like it. The head is the thing I do last in a 3d model I make it seperatly then weld it to the body. Yeah I could have cut the polygons another 30% down easily I guess. The fingers and toes do really suck up the polygons. Most game models use boots to cut down the polygons I guess.

Obtaining decent clothing is hard, I just can't take a trip to the local clothing store with my digital camera, It would just seem too strange.

Posted by Gldfire on

Just thought I would show you guys a picture of something I made

[img]http://members.optushome.com.au/gldfire/ChrisManimechar.jpg[/img]

I will probly end up inserting the character into a 3d fighting game im making in my spare time.[:)]

Submitted by Major Clod on Fri, 02/05/03 - 1:53 PM Permalink

At the moment her breasts are both pointing straight ahead. You should try to point them out to the sides a little more, so the nipples aren't both facing the same direction.

Submitted by Dan Ward on Fri, 02/05/03 - 6:22 PM Permalink

Its Mariah Carey! (spelling?)

Looks pretty cool whats the poly count on it?

Submitted by Gldfire on Fri, 02/05/03 - 9:42 PM Permalink

Its always about the breasts isnt it there too small or big erected nipples etc..
Way back last year I made a 3d model of Aria Giovanni cause I was bored, and all my friends complained that the breasts were too small.

Back to the topic, the polycount on my anime character.
The actual character itself without the shoes and accesories is only 2600 polygons (quads) But with all the accessories its a grand total of 4580 polygons (quads). Anyway it runs smoothly in a 3d engine with a 512x512 texture map on my pc.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 02/05/03 - 10:33 PM Permalink

I'd expect alot more detail for 2600 quads, thats about 5200 faces if its all quads.
You could model the leg opening of the shorts and the other clothing with that amount of faces.
Her face and hair could do with some detail, it looks like a low poly head was put onto the body of another, higher poly model that you had done at an earlier stage.
Major Clod is right her breasts are off, why model the nipples? is it cold where she is? I do like the rest of the body and the shoes though.

Not to harsh? I'm always to harsh. [:(]

Submitted by Leviron on Sat, 03/05/03 - 1:39 AM Permalink

Your audience is really the general public.
I don't know anything about modelling but I believe its hard to make something good.

I think the hair is quite bad. Leg openings for the shorts would do your work some justice, the pants look like a painting right now. Nipples pointing outwards is more realistic. If she is wearing a singlet or something, shouldn't the material be covering the breasts? Like the bottom part of the breasts. Anime characters - no matter how gloomy the theme is they have cute faces for the females even if they are old. Your choice of clothing for her is umm...strange even bad. There are better ways to suggest a sexy woman with erect nipples and weapons.

If I'm too harsh, tell me to tone down or something to adjust to this forum's style.

Submitted by Gldfire on Sat, 03/05/03 - 12:02 PM Permalink

[img]http://members.optushome.com.au/gldfire/animejeans.jpg[/img]
I did originally make a version with long jeans too, but didnt like it. The head is the thing I do last in a 3d model I make it seperatly then weld it to the body. Yeah I could have cut the polygons another 30% down easily I guess. The fingers and toes do really suck up the polygons. Most game models use boots to cut down the polygons I guess.

Obtaining decent clothing is hard, I just can't take a trip to the local clothing store with my digital camera, It would just seem too strange.