Skip to main content

Site Redesign

Submitted by Groady on

I've redesigned my website to make it look more professional. It is still in need of copy but the overall design is finished.

[url]http://www.fatarts.com[/url]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 02/07/03 - 7:24 PM Permalink

Overall nice, but two suggestions.

1. Change that colour, that bright orange with black burns the eye and screws with your colour vision. Not the best thing when you are pimping your art.

2. The thumb nails could do with being a bit larger, I can hardly see them.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Groady on Thu, 03/07/03 - 1:21 AM Permalink

Yeah I was thinking the orange wasn't really working. It's now a soft aqua.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 03/07/03 - 1:33 AM Permalink

much better than orange but its a little sparce.
If youve got lots of content to fill up the site then the thumbnails may be ok but I learnt with mine that small thumbnails hiding in the corner looks like you just havent done much, enlarge them and have a scroll bar or archive for when you have too many images.

Also the text in the top left corner (not the large blue one, the black text)looks bad, im guessing its a placeholder.

Apart from that its nice and clean, add some content. [:D]

Posted by Groady on

I've redesigned my website to make it look more professional. It is still in need of copy but the overall design is finished.

[url]http://www.fatarts.com[/url]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 02/07/03 - 7:24 PM Permalink

Overall nice, but two suggestions.

1. Change that colour, that bright orange with black burns the eye and screws with your colour vision. Not the best thing when you are pimping your art.

2. The thumb nails could do with being a bit larger, I can hardly see them.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Groady on Thu, 03/07/03 - 1:21 AM Permalink

Yeah I was thinking the orange wasn't really working. It's now a soft aqua.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 03/07/03 - 1:33 AM Permalink

much better than orange but its a little sparce.
If youve got lots of content to fill up the site then the thumbnails may be ok but I learnt with mine that small thumbnails hiding in the corner looks like you just havent done much, enlarge them and have a scroll bar or archive for when you have too many images.

Also the text in the top left corner (not the large blue one, the black text)looks bad, im guessing its a placeholder.

Apart from that its nice and clean, add some content. [:D]