Skip to main content

Speed Paints (Nudity Warning)

Submitted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/jagged/tempimages/speed_A.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/jagged/forum/Nude01.jpg[/img]

Just a couple of speed paints

First on took 30 min (referenced from an amalgamation of photos.)
Second mage 1.5 hours. (referenced from ?Domai?)

I think I?m getting better at these so something must be improving.

Pantmonger

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:12 AM Permalink

Wow the second one is excellant it looks like a pastelized photo. Good work. The proportions and everything are looking good.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:17 AM Permalink

They are both nicely done Pants. The only thing is that her head looks a little small, and her neck looks a little large. The model may actually look like that though, I don't know. The colours are really good :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:30 AM Permalink

good work man, never been into the speed paint realm myself.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:31 AM Permalink

I really like the trees andwater in that first one, good stuff.
I agree with Aven on the neck with second one, but regardless it does look good. Maybe the shoulder area is a little large, I dunno, check your ref.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:26 PM Permalink

bullet21: Thanks, I am often surprised at the different materials a speed paint can seem to mimic just due to the techniques that have to be used to stay within the time frame.

Aven: Thanks. No you are correct the head is a bit small. These things creep in more then usual when I speed paint. Part ?n parcel of the whole drawing without construction lines thing I suppose.

MoonUnit: Thanks, speed paints are well worth the doing, the time limit forces you to place brush strokes quick like, less time to be anal, more abstraction. You pay more attention to tone and colour then to form. Its all very educational.

Makk: Thanks, yeah the mistake in proportion is known, but being a speed paint, whats done is done.

Pantmonger

Submitted by rezn0r on Thu, 05/02/04 - 8:40 PM Permalink

Looks great....

It looks like the pantmonger photoshop filte. [:P]

Scott.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 06/02/04 - 7:38 AM Permalink

That?s the Pantafy filter, but I use it rarely as it takes an hour and a half to process on my computer.

Pantmonger

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/jagged/tempimages/speed_A.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/jagged/forum/Nude01.jpg[/img]

Just a couple of speed paints

First on took 30 min (referenced from an amalgamation of photos.)
Second mage 1.5 hours. (referenced from ?Domai?)

I think I?m getting better at these so something must be improving.

Pantmonger

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:12 AM Permalink

Wow the second one is excellant it looks like a pastelized photo. Good work. The proportions and everything are looking good.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:17 AM Permalink

They are both nicely done Pants. The only thing is that her head looks a little small, and her neck looks a little large. The model may actually look like that though, I don't know. The colours are really good :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:30 AM Permalink

good work man, never been into the speed paint realm myself.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:31 AM Permalink

I really like the trees andwater in that first one, good stuff.
I agree with Aven on the neck with second one, but regardless it does look good. Maybe the shoulder area is a little large, I dunno, check your ref.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:26 PM Permalink

bullet21: Thanks, I am often surprised at the different materials a speed paint can seem to mimic just due to the techniques that have to be used to stay within the time frame.

Aven: Thanks. No you are correct the head is a bit small. These things creep in more then usual when I speed paint. Part ?n parcel of the whole drawing without construction lines thing I suppose.

MoonUnit: Thanks, speed paints are well worth the doing, the time limit forces you to place brush strokes quick like, less time to be anal, more abstraction. You pay more attention to tone and colour then to form. Its all very educational.

Makk: Thanks, yeah the mistake in proportion is known, but being a speed paint, whats done is done.

Pantmonger

Submitted by rezn0r on Thu, 05/02/04 - 8:40 PM Permalink

Looks great....

It looks like the pantmonger photoshop filte. [:P]

Scott.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 06/02/04 - 7:38 AM Permalink

That?s the Pantafy filter, but I use it rarely as it takes an hour and a half to process on my computer.

Pantmonger