Skip to main content

Model Tests - for jobs.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Hey people, was just wondering whether or not its good form to post model test WIPS here [?]

Will the company get a bit peeved knowing you possibly scored crits / help from other people ?

id like to post, but wasnt to sure if i should.... any ideas ?

Submitted by Jacana on Mon, 05/04/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

As a general note I would say not to.

The test that company gives you is there own and may or may not want other companies to see exactly what they are asking prospective empolyees to do.

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 05/04/04 - 12:19 AM Permalink

yeah i thought as much - thanks jacana :D

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 05/04/04 - 1:25 AM Permalink

Just to add to what Jac's said, this type of practice is quite common on larger sites such as cgtalk and polycount forums -- I know of at least 3 seperate occurances where the poster has gotten into trouble from the company from releasing material without consent, one which was quite serious.

Apart from these instances it's also generally percieved as bad form, with company employees seeing this posted on a forum it says to them "I need help with my work" and therefore reflects badly on you. The school of thought opposing this is that you would normally have the rest of the art dept. to bounce things off of and recieve feedback which makes it ok, but I've never yet heard of an instance where this has been the case.

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 05/04/04 - 9:46 AM Permalink

thanks J.I i had thought as much - wasnt intending to post it for help tho just to make sure, as ive already submitted [:D]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Mon, 05/04/04 - 11:10 PM Permalink

Well, I'm a bad boy, I posted a pic that was for a job application, but it was after I submitted the work. Won't tell you what it was, just in case they're watching.

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Hey people, was just wondering whether or not its good form to post model test WIPS here [?]

Will the company get a bit peeved knowing you possibly scored crits / help from other people ?

id like to post, but wasnt to sure if i should.... any ideas ?

Submitted by Jacana on Mon, 05/04/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

As a general note I would say not to.

The test that company gives you is there own and may or may not want other companies to see exactly what they are asking prospective empolyees to do.

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 05/04/04 - 12:19 AM Permalink

yeah i thought as much - thanks jacana :D

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 05/04/04 - 1:25 AM Permalink

Just to add to what Jac's said, this type of practice is quite common on larger sites such as cgtalk and polycount forums -- I know of at least 3 seperate occurances where the poster has gotten into trouble from the company from releasing material without consent, one which was quite serious.

Apart from these instances it's also generally percieved as bad form, with company employees seeing this posted on a forum it says to them "I need help with my work" and therefore reflects badly on you. The school of thought opposing this is that you would normally have the rest of the art dept. to bounce things off of and recieve feedback which makes it ok, but I've never yet heard of an instance where this has been the case.

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 05/04/04 - 9:46 AM Permalink

thanks J.I i had thought as much - wasnt intending to post it for help tho just to make sure, as ive already submitted [:D]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Mon, 05/04/04 - 11:10 PM Permalink

Well, I'm a bad boy, I posted a pic that was for a job application, but it was after I submitted the work. Won't tell you what it was, just in case they're watching.