Skip to main content

Just a witch

Submitted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/sketch/witch.jpg[/img]

Did a quick sketch when I got home from work and found myself with nothing better to do so I threw some colour at it.
Feel free to c&c

Pantmonger

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 05/03/04 - 11:54 AM Permalink

Woah!!

Ive got to practise my freehand art more :)

Really nice, i like how youve left the pencil(?) lines still in the shadows on the skin.

Love the big hat too! very Vivi - from final fantasy 9

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 05/03/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

aww, she's a happy witch! [:D]

I like it pants - some reason I really enjoy the mixed media look too, that does something for me.

I think I like the layered hair the most - that looks good. One crit I can offer is try studying metals in different lighting conditions - metal isn't shiny blue, it's a base and reflectance of the light which hits it from it's environment. so the buckle would have purples bleeding in from the bottom of the pants, a hint of red from the top, and a mix of the environment she's in.

looks good! Keep it up [:)]

Submitted by smeg on Sun, 07/03/04 - 7:53 AM Permalink

Fancy.

Cool costume. The similar buckels and material colours are cool.

I think you'd have to shadow her hair and possibly shoulders more with that enormous hat, but thats no biggie.

cheers

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 07/03/04 - 11:13 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys

JI: There is purple in the silver bits, but obviously not enough, will keep it in mind for future works.
smeg: It's true I was lax with the shadows from the hat :(, oh well whoops

Pantmonger

Submitted by Me109 on Wed, 10/03/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

nice work.. like it.... cept to say that her arms look like a blokes.. maybe she does alot of sweeping with that broom!
but hey overall its fine

Posted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/sketch/witch.jpg[/img]

Did a quick sketch when I got home from work and found myself with nothing better to do so I threw some colour at it.
Feel free to c&c

Pantmonger

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 05/03/04 - 11:54 AM Permalink

Woah!!

Ive got to practise my freehand art more :)

Really nice, i like how youve left the pencil(?) lines still in the shadows on the skin.

Love the big hat too! very Vivi - from final fantasy 9

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 05/03/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

aww, she's a happy witch! [:D]

I like it pants - some reason I really enjoy the mixed media look too, that does something for me.

I think I like the layered hair the most - that looks good. One crit I can offer is try studying metals in different lighting conditions - metal isn't shiny blue, it's a base and reflectance of the light which hits it from it's environment. so the buckle would have purples bleeding in from the bottom of the pants, a hint of red from the top, and a mix of the environment she's in.

looks good! Keep it up [:)]

Submitted by smeg on Sun, 07/03/04 - 7:53 AM Permalink

Fancy.

Cool costume. The similar buckels and material colours are cool.

I think you'd have to shadow her hair and possibly shoulders more with that enormous hat, but thats no biggie.

cheers

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 07/03/04 - 11:13 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys

JI: There is purple in the silver bits, but obviously not enough, will keep it in mind for future works.
smeg: It's true I was lax with the shadows from the hat :(, oh well whoops

Pantmonger

Submitted by Me109 on Wed, 10/03/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

nice work.. like it.... cept to say that her arms look like a blokes.. maybe she does alot of sweeping with that broom!
but hey overall its fine