Skip to main content

Female figure- exercise in PS (nudity alert)

I did this to try and improve my photoshop/ texturing skills, personally I feel the skin needs a bit more tone variation, anyone else got suggestions?

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic28.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Morphine on Tue, 06/04/04 - 12:16 AM Permalink

Nice figure, however I'd add more red into the skin tone. At the moment she looks a little cold, a little lifeless evev. Add more pink I think. Experiment. Change her into a green chick even, see what you can come up with, unless you're looking at more realistic ppl.

Submitted by matias on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:09 AM Permalink

I'd amp out the hips, decrease the crease in her body, shorten the distance between the top of the breasts and shoulders. Remeber dude, its an exercise cut loose with the colour man, add red purples blues oranges, anything just play with it without restrictions. Are you using photo reference? If not I'de try and find some, if so keep on with it. I know this post sounds negative but that wasn't my intetion. You have some really nice aspects in this, the bottome half for starters, the legs are great. But yeah cut loose and have fun, best way to learn in my opinon. Of course thats just my opinion![:p]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:17 AM Permalink

I see what you mean with the suggestions Matias, cheers. I'll cut CRAZY style with the colours now. Yes I'm using a photo reference, it's a must for this sort of thing really. No negativity felt here :)

Submitted by matias on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

yeah seriously have fun too, especially doing exercises for purely personal reasons, plus play alot and maybe not show it to an audience, theres some stuff I'm not sure I'd like anyone to see!

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Fri, 16/04/04 - 2:38 AM Permalink

I know that this is about ten days late but you know if we're talking realistic proportions, I actually think that's pretty close, a realistic woman is actually no where near as curvy as they appear right in front of us, when we see them move, walk, perform action, because of the setting of the pelvis, there is a lot more movement in the torso and hips than with men so therefore they look more curvier. As far as actual bone structure setting I think you're pretty much there. What Matias says about the tops of the breasts in relation to the shoulders is right, but I think it's more with lowering the shoulders than raising the breasts. As far as colour I got no idea but what he's sayin sounds pretty right.

I did this to try and improve my photoshop/ texturing skills, personally I feel the skin needs a bit more tone variation, anyone else got suggestions?

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic28.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Morphine on Tue, 06/04/04 - 12:16 AM Permalink

Nice figure, however I'd add more red into the skin tone. At the moment she looks a little cold, a little lifeless evev. Add more pink I think. Experiment. Change her into a green chick even, see what you can come up with, unless you're looking at more realistic ppl.

Submitted by matias on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:09 AM Permalink

I'd amp out the hips, decrease the crease in her body, shorten the distance between the top of the breasts and shoulders. Remeber dude, its an exercise cut loose with the colour man, add red purples blues oranges, anything just play with it without restrictions. Are you using photo reference? If not I'de try and find some, if so keep on with it. I know this post sounds negative but that wasn't my intetion. You have some really nice aspects in this, the bottome half for starters, the legs are great. But yeah cut loose and have fun, best way to learn in my opinon. Of course thats just my opinion![:p]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:17 AM Permalink

I see what you mean with the suggestions Matias, cheers. I'll cut CRAZY style with the colours now. Yes I'm using a photo reference, it's a must for this sort of thing really. No negativity felt here :)

Submitted by matias on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

yeah seriously have fun too, especially doing exercises for purely personal reasons, plus play alot and maybe not show it to an audience, theres some stuff I'm not sure I'd like anyone to see!

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Fri, 16/04/04 - 2:38 AM Permalink

I know that this is about ten days late but you know if we're talking realistic proportions, I actually think that's pretty close, a realistic woman is actually no where near as curvy as they appear right in front of us, when we see them move, walk, perform action, because of the setting of the pelvis, there is a lot more movement in the torso and hips than with men so therefore they look more curvier. As far as actual bone structure setting I think you're pretty much there. What Matias says about the tops of the breasts in relation to the shoulders is right, but I think it's more with lowering the shoulders than raising the breasts. As far as colour I got no idea but what he's sayin sounds pretty right.