Skip to main content

cgtalk game art comp

Submitted by RasTuS on

the is for the comp #7 cartoon character 1500 tri's and 1 256 defuse and alpha map

my entry is the tick
[img]http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/tick-03.gif[/img]

found the edit button

he is about 1350 or something like that in that pic done a little since then (moved his but up a little and just some tweeks ) about 2 hours 15 minutes modeling time.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 06/05/04 - 12:22 AM Permalink

Hey Rastus, good progress so far, just a few crits.

Neck- Even though it's been a while since I watched the Tick (not cause I don't love it but because it's not on) I remember him having much bigger neck muscles than that, so I'd aim for a more v-shape coming down from his head to the tops of his shoulders.

Legs- these look a little short. His ankles look a little thick too.

Abdomen- Definitely pull his gut in, the Tick is much skinnier than that around his middle.

Head- The shape and volume is great so far, but I'd move his head forward more, in the side pic it looks as though he's about to topple over backwards.

Keep at it man, just a few adjustments and it should look spot on, good choice for a model too.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 06/05/04 - 3:19 AM Permalink

That looks great, and i love the Tick.

Just one crit is that the biceps should probably sit a bit higher up in the shoulders as the angle kinda looks awkward. apart from that great stuff.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 06/05/04 - 10:24 AM Permalink

i have no idea who the tick is. so i cant comment [:(] he looks cool tho :)

post more of your work here man. [:D]

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 06/05/04 - 5:50 PM Permalink

You dont know who the tick is. Im dissapointed in you hazard :(

Submitted by RasTuS on Thu, 06/05/04 - 8:08 PM Permalink

i dont know how to edit my post but the image down but this link works
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/tick-03.gif

thanks for the comments ill tweek the stuff when i load up max next

found the edit button

im thinking i might make another character for the comp bit more complex the tick is rather simple [?]

Posted by RasTuS on

the is for the comp #7 cartoon character 1500 tri's and 1 256 defuse and alpha map

my entry is the tick
[img]http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/tick-03.gif[/img]

found the edit button

he is about 1350 or something like that in that pic done a little since then (moved his but up a little and just some tweeks ) about 2 hours 15 minutes modeling time.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 06/05/04 - 12:22 AM Permalink

Hey Rastus, good progress so far, just a few crits.

Neck- Even though it's been a while since I watched the Tick (not cause I don't love it but because it's not on) I remember him having much bigger neck muscles than that, so I'd aim for a more v-shape coming down from his head to the tops of his shoulders.

Legs- these look a little short. His ankles look a little thick too.

Abdomen- Definitely pull his gut in, the Tick is much skinnier than that around his middle.

Head- The shape and volume is great so far, but I'd move his head forward more, in the side pic it looks as though he's about to topple over backwards.

Keep at it man, just a few adjustments and it should look spot on, good choice for a model too.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 06/05/04 - 3:19 AM Permalink

That looks great, and i love the Tick.

Just one crit is that the biceps should probably sit a bit higher up in the shoulders as the angle kinda looks awkward. apart from that great stuff.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 06/05/04 - 10:24 AM Permalink

i have no idea who the tick is. so i cant comment [:(] he looks cool tho :)

post more of your work here man. [:D]

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 06/05/04 - 5:50 PM Permalink

You dont know who the tick is. Im dissapointed in you hazard :(

Submitted by RasTuS on Thu, 06/05/04 - 8:08 PM Permalink

i dont know how to edit my post but the image down but this link works
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/tick-03.gif

thanks for the comments ill tweek the stuff when i load up max next

found the edit button

im thinking i might make another character for the comp bit more complex the tick is rather simple [?]