Skip to main content

Another Site re-design

Hi,
I've re-done the JAB IGP site: www.jabigp.com

Appriciate the feedback (again ;) ).
Thanks,
James

The portfolio isn't up yet by the way ;)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 08/10/04 - 1:59 AM Permalink

improved for sure

first thing, that banner up the top whilst cool is really huge height wise, id really take that down. Also it might be cool if it had some sort of background to it other then plain blue (on the banner, not behind the main page text)

secondly, theres two navigation menus... i know a lot of sites do the top is usually for group headings (ie sumeas "coder, modeller etc") which take you to different sub sets, this seems like it could have gone all down the left hand side

lastly basic is cool, it make it simple for the user. But visually i think your really going to need a lot more in graphics simply because your promoting yourself as an artist. So if your page looks plain, its your first impression gone sour.

im no pro web designer so thats just some things i thought of (waits for souri and others to make actually benifical comments :P ) but its looking better then last time, keep it up!

Submitted by James A Burke on Fri, 08/10/04 - 7:18 AM Permalink

Thanks :) I used the top part as if it all went along the side it got quite crowded and looked ugly. They're links to other 'places' of the site I guess, so I'll just leave them there ;) I thought of putting a few images of some work down the bottom just before the copyright but I'm not sure?
Thanks again,
James

Submitted by nealb4me on Fri, 08/10/04 - 9:14 AM Permalink

The first thing I thought of when the page was loading was "gas and electricity". I think it's the orange blue and white. Also the pixelation in JAB IGP looks yukky. So, I would suggest thinking about your colour palette and increasing the resolution of the title text. Keep going :)

Submitted by Kuldaen on Fri, 08/10/04 - 6:55 PM Permalink

The links to other 'places' probably should be at the bottom, just above the copyright, where many websites put them these days or integrated into your menu on the left. I also agree with moonunit that the banner at the top is too high and its probably why the JABIGP looks stretched as well. You need at least some images of your work. First impressions are everything. You don't want potential employers/clients going to the page and wondering if they're at the right place. I'd probably also shrink the images for your partner sites or move them off the main page, unless they're examples of your work.

-kul

Hi,
I've re-done the JAB IGP site: www.jabigp.com

Appriciate the feedback (again ;) ).
Thanks,
James

The portfolio isn't up yet by the way ;)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 08/10/04 - 1:59 AM Permalink

improved for sure

first thing, that banner up the top whilst cool is really huge height wise, id really take that down. Also it might be cool if it had some sort of background to it other then plain blue (on the banner, not behind the main page text)

secondly, theres two navigation menus... i know a lot of sites do the top is usually for group headings (ie sumeas "coder, modeller etc") which take you to different sub sets, this seems like it could have gone all down the left hand side

lastly basic is cool, it make it simple for the user. But visually i think your really going to need a lot more in graphics simply because your promoting yourself as an artist. So if your page looks plain, its your first impression gone sour.

im no pro web designer so thats just some things i thought of (waits for souri and others to make actually benifical comments :P ) but its looking better then last time, keep it up!

Submitted by James A Burke on Fri, 08/10/04 - 7:18 AM Permalink

Thanks :) I used the top part as if it all went along the side it got quite crowded and looked ugly. They're links to other 'places' of the site I guess, so I'll just leave them there ;) I thought of putting a few images of some work down the bottom just before the copyright but I'm not sure?
Thanks again,
James

Submitted by nealb4me on Fri, 08/10/04 - 9:14 AM Permalink

The first thing I thought of when the page was loading was "gas and electricity". I think it's the orange blue and white. Also the pixelation in JAB IGP looks yukky. So, I would suggest thinking about your colour palette and increasing the resolution of the title text. Keep going :)

Submitted by Kuldaen on Fri, 08/10/04 - 6:55 PM Permalink

The links to other 'places' probably should be at the bottom, just above the copyright, where many websites put them these days or integrated into your menu on the left. I also agree with moonunit that the banner at the top is too high and its probably why the JABIGP looks stretched as well. You need at least some images of your work. First impressions are everything. You don't want potential employers/clients going to the page and wondering if they're at the right place. I'd probably also shrink the images for your partner sites or move them off the main page, unless they're examples of your work.

-kul